Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: books to movies

mei
    Newbie mei may be famous one day mei may be famous one day mei's Avatar
    Thanks

books to movies

I guess the easiest examples are harry potter and lord of the rings... and others such as sea biscuit, the hours, etc... do you think the movies do justice to the novels or is it better to simply not watch the movie? (of course I guess it'll depend on which book, but..)

I think the four movies I mentioned above did a pretty awesome job. Too bad they have to take out some scenes in the movies though.

(Oh, and comics to movies.. spiderman!! )

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: books to movies

In my opinon, the two best and most accurate novel-to-movie films have been "Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas" and "Fight Club". Having read both original texts, I can tell you that everything is pretty much nailed on the head for both novels in terms of tone, pace, and great execution of the wicked black humor and the actors portayals of the characters we're all dead on. Case in point, Chuck Palahnuik loved the movie version of Fight Club which is based off his book and labeled it as virtually perfect. Also, the late Hunter S. Thompson really praised Fear & loathing and was beyond satisfied with it.

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

The book, "Battlefield Earth" was awesome, and in my opinion, they really farked up what you thought it looked like when they made the movie. I would guess around 80% of books-to-movies, are not as good as the book, but there are exceptions like Harry Potter, and LotR like you said, also some of the Stephen King movies are good.
    Last edited by Dreadhawk; Jun 30, 2005 at 05:09 PM.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I actually enjoyed LOTR movie more than the books. Because anyone who's read the books knows that it can be, well really really slow. I recall a time where it took me a week to finish the chapter with Treebeard.

mei
    Newbie mei may be famous one day mei may be famous one day mei's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I actually enjoyed LOTR movie more than the books. Because anyone who's read the books knows that it can be, well really really slow. I recall a time where it took me a week to finish the chapter with Treebeard.

hahahaha that's really funny and ironic.. as if it's meant to take you forever knowing those talking trees!

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

i would perfer books to the movies for some occations. like LOTR serise. they made and put all (more like most) of the stuff thats in the book in the movie thats what i really like cuz if you cant us your imagination (that would be weird) you can see it clearly. i like to us my imagination though. its fun.=^^=

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Books to movies are like anything else, some are good (Harry Potter, LOTR) some are bad (Postman, Johnny Mnemonic, Battlefield Earth).

Most of the time I enjoy the books more anyway though.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Along Came a Spider, Kiss The Girls, and 1st To Die captured there books as an awesome movie.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast