Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: books to movies

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: books to movies

Since almost all movies maybe like 90 percent of movies nowadays are screen adaptations of books, they are obviously selling well. I think they do; do the book justice in that as long as the director can present the story in an exciting and engrossing way, then its fine by me. Also, Battlefield Earth was complete bullshit, so was the book, mainly because the book was written by the guy who invented Scientology.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Neco_Kalen may be famous one day Neco_Kalen may be famous one day Neco_Kalen's Avatar
    Thanks

I still prefer to read books, i love to use my imagination so that the characters and scenes are more vivid. But films are still great, especialy with a mate, and to give your head time to stop throbbing away.

But occasionally the films are better such as with stephen king books, except the green mile, his books are so slow and tedious, and always about Derry, has anybody else noticed this? There's always something about Derry

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

What makes a good book does not make a good movie and visa versa. How well an adaption works depends on what kind of changes they're willing to make.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie williecwh may be famous one day williecwh may be famous one day williecwh's Avatar
    Thanks

Well it really depends on the book. Books such as LOTR is really good as a movie as it really is draggy when you read the book. However, some books are never meant to be made into a movie. As for a start, it's because they have to cramp up everything into, well the most 3 hours, thus, cutting out a lot of bits from the books.

I enjoy imagining what the author is trying to picture, but i'm also a very slow reader

Newbie Elfy may be famous one day Elfy may be famous one day Elfy's Avatar
    Thanks

I guess it depends who does the screenplay and how it;'s done.
    HP and LOTR were pretty good.
    but some are pretty bad..>.<
    *Signature WAY WAY WAAAAY too big, maximum size is 450x110, please make the neccessary ajustments. -AO Staff*

Newbie Chisai_Kitsune may be famous one day Chisai_Kitsune may be famous one day Chisai_Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

I have recently heard that there is going to be a movie made of "good omens" by Terry Prachett and Neil Gaiman. If anyone can tell me if this is true or not I would be eternally grateful. It's like my favorite book ever!
    **"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Prachett**

Otaku QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames may be famous one day QueenOfGames's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I guess it depends. Like I never read the Lord of the Ring books, but I really enjoyed the movies. My cousin told me that the books were slow anyway. I suppose the Harry Potter movies are good...no let's redo that. The movies are good it's just they leave out a lot that is in the books. However, I know they cannot put everything in, so I just have to deal .^_^. However, older movies, that no one probably knows which makes me feel old, like Rebecca, the book and the movie were practically the same.

Oh wait! Years ago I read Ella Enchanted. That book was magnificent, but the movie... *restrains herself* Need I say more?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2