• Yep

3 37.50%
  • Nope

3 37.50%
  • I dunno

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Boondocks Premiere

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Boondocks Premiere

Innerhell did an old thread of this, after I searched...but it looked like Boondocks is premiering on Adult Swim on November

After reading the cartoon strip for in the funnies, I'm not quite sure if this show is going to ruin the strip better it.

They made a cartoon for Dilbert (not on Adult Swim) and Baby Blues. Neither were really that popular, so I'm thinking that Boondocks probably is going to die out as well. Garfield was the only comic strip that ever truly lived its legacy (Just downloaded Garfield's Halloween Adventure ^_^ <333)

This Boondocks cartoon looks to be anime-esque, I already have bad feelings about it. It looks almost as bad as Squidbillies and Sunday Pants. Any opinioins on this matter?

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Boondocks Premiere

First of all, I don't think it'll be no where near as bad as Squillbillies and sunday pants, those suck!

I didn't care that much for dilbert; but I loved Baby Blues. I wish they didn't cancel it. Hey, what about the penuts gang?

I always read the cartoon strips and I loved it. I can't wait for it to come on adult swim
    Quote:
    "Excuse me people; I have a brief announcement to make:
    Jesus is black; Ronald Raegan is the devil; and the government is lyin' about 9/11. Thank you." rofl!!!

I'm still kinda lost on whether its an anime or not, though.
    Last edited by Kiri79; Oct 31, 2005 at 02:39 PM.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

It's not anime, Kiri. It's a US made cartoon for US audiences, whereas Anime is a Japanese cartoon made for Japanese audiences.

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

I guessed so concidering that the creator was an african american. But from the previews it looks as though is was japanese animated.

Railgun Assimilate Champion Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka may be famous one day Sazuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    It's not anime, Kiri. It's a US made cartoon for US audiences, whereas Anime is a Japanese cartoon made for Japanese audiences.
    It sort of looked dubbed as well.

Otaku animator 13 may be famous one day animator 13 may be famous one day animator 13's Avatar
    Thanks

Yah the animation style of it looks great, and it looks pretty funny to.
    i can read your thoughts

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

My thread is revived!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sazuka
    It sort of looked dubbed as well.
    this is not dubbed!!! It's an original series ~ Boondocks definitely NOT an anime. the writer who does the funnies is American (Aaron Macgruder). I don't find the strip humorous. So I don't think cartoon will be either...

I don't think the series will be amusing. the blatant attacks on "jesus christ" and "9/11" were just pathetic attempts at trying to be funny. The comic strip seemed more geared for adult humor ~ the cartoon probably is going to be aimed for a teen audience. I think it will flake like Baby blues and the like.

speaking of Baby blues, Adult Swim is going to be airing that show this sunday. I don't know if it's a "once in a while" thing, or they're starting it up again...
    Last edited by tasukuchan; Oct 31, 2005 at 04:30 PM.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks good, i always enjoyed the Boondocks comics in the Sunday Times.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast