Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A Breath Upon Your Soul ...

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks

Question A Breath Upon Your Soul ...

I hope this is the right place for this.

I recently noticed something. whenever i watch a particular anime or read a specific manga i feel what i can only describe as A breath upon my soul. and suddenly i am crying, even thought what i just watched of read is not particularily sad - infact often the sceen is a happy one. now i pride myself on not crying easily (i am a guy so you would expect that) but i cant explain or understand why i suddenly start crying like this.

it doesnt always happen when i am watching anime or readig manga but it always happens when i watch a particular sceen in an anime, like the flying sceen in Miyazaki's Spirited Away, or manga, like the final chapter of Card Captor Sakura by clamp. it has also happened when i read regularamerican novels, it hapened repoeatedly durring the reading of the massively thick book (its so big they published in a series of four novels) Otherland by Tad Williams.

I wanted to know if this has happened to anyone else. has anyone seen or read anything, not necessarily anime or manga, and felt that something reached out and touched a part of your soul that nothing else ever has?

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeha I've felt like that a few times while watching anime and reading manga, their were serveal scenes in Haibane Renmei that touched me, not all of them were sad either... the very first scene in the first episode was the one that touched me the most, it's nothing more than Rakka falling from the sky, and a bird trying to help her but I almost cried.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie kanki may be famous one day kanki may be famous one day kanki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    Yeha I've felt like that a few times while watching anime and reading manga, their were serveal scenes in Haibane Renmei that touched me, not all of them were sad either... the very first scene in the first episode was the one that touched me the most, it's nothing more than Rakka falling from the sky, and a bird trying to help her but I almost cried.
    for my case, the scene when Kuu has left the Haibanes and when Rakka is talking to herself in Kuu's room. i felt an urge to let my tears out.

We are all rowing the boat of fate
    The waves keep on coming and we can’t escape
    But if we ever get lost on our way
    The waves will guide you through another day

Newbie firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22's Avatar
    Thanks
    Whenever my mood is altered by anime/manga, it's usually from memories that were like what happened in the series, or something that had happened when I saw it. I have to admit that I don't usually cry, not even at the end of X!!! There's probably something wrong with me emotionally or something, it's great to hear there's a guy out there who's not afraid to cry.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have felt "A breath upon my soul" many times and I hope that will never change. It's not just something that happens with anime/manga but in every aspect of life when something touches my soul. A witness of truth, or beauty, or of a precious memory or belief. It means I am open to life and to learning. Often the things we surround ourselves with express our beliefs or create them. When they touch on those beliefs, even in minute ways, we feel it - if we are willing to listen to our hearts.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    WOW! i expected some response but i didn't expect such an enthusiastic and positive one! thankyu everyone! you have given me hope!

PEACE!

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Tem
    Otaku Darts - 301 Champion, Chopper2 Champion Tem may be famous one day Tem may be famous one day Tem's Avatar
    Thanks
    i just want to say that the title "Wish" by clamp almost made me cry, when the main guy suddenly died, and how the ending was really touching, also the scenes from tsubasa, where sakura doesnt even remember syaoran... just really makes me sad

"Tama-chan! "

Thanks
    *Bump* -dont want thread on second page anymore.

also i got a new one. Video Girl Ai, just bought vols 1-4 and read, cried multiple times (must get rest of series)

Ok what about movies of television show that made you cry. i'll never forget the Spongebob Squarepants episode that made me cry, its the one wher mr.crabs bets spongebobs contract in a poker game with plankton and loses. very touching for a kids show (was watching with little sister)

Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast