View Poll Results: Which Browser?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good ol' Internet Explorer

5 20.00%
  • Mozilla FireFox (fastest on earth?? o.O )

20 80.00%
  • Opera

1 4.00%
  • Avant Browser

2 8.00%
  • Netscape

0 0%
  • UNIX's PINE ^^ yeah rofl

1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which browser is the best ??

Otaku Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sorry but I'm sticking with my IE. It doesn't cut off webpages like firefox does. beat that

80% Evil l 5% Insane l 15% Addict l 0% Lack of Guinea Pigs
    lAnime TalklAnime OnlinelOtaku BoardslMini Tokyo

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by a17
    FireFox -- but only with minimise to to tray and adblocking extension installed. Otherwise i use IE cause it is secure(if configured right) and loads faster (well it is embedded in OS and FF aint so duh..).
    IE Secure? HA HA HA thats a laugh. There are more holes in IE then Swiss cheese

a17
    Newbie a17 may be famous one day a17 may be famous one day a17's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui Shirou
    IE Secure? HA HA HA thats a laugh. There are more holes in IE then Swiss cheese

Hey if its all patched, and you group policy edited, registery edited, and set advanced file protections and IE security options - you get 0 spyware or anything, and also make sure you got a good hosts file.

Its only insecure if you run it out of the box (which most people do sadly). Ya sure afew bugs come along, but tight configuration(of system/IE) and stuff usualy counter the od bug. ya should try configuring Xp/2000 -- its really quite indepth security options. then add stuff like adaware registery/spyware protection tool/antivirus/firewall and a router --becomes much much nicer.
    Last edited by a17; Dec 13, 2004 at 04:23 AM.

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Firefox 1.0 (third-party compiled -- MOOX toasts the official builds) with Adblock and BugMeNot.

Quote Originally Posted by a17
    Its only insecure if you run it out of the box (which most people do sadly)....
    Because they are told by the computer manufacturers and Microsoft that they can. Perhaps if computers weren't sold like cars that you can drive off the lot than security would not be a problem. Than again, would the average person buy a car (or a computer) if they knew that they had to haXX0r the guts of the vehicle to make it safe from thieves, as opposed to just pressing a button on the door (screen)?

This is Firefox's chief virtue, IMO. Is it absolutely safe? No. However, since it doesn't utilize ActiveX (which much of the Web-based scumware uses), it's much safer by default than IE. Also, problems with Web site rendering can usually be attributed to sites that do not conform to W3C standards (usually to use IE-specific code), not Firefox.
    Last edited by teh s uck; Dec 13, 2004 at 07:33 AM.
    Your ad here.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplefire
    Sorry but I'm sticking with my IE. It doesn't cut off webpages like firefox does. beat that
    It has been beat....to death actually. As teh s uck mentioned....it's not that Firefox is cutting off pages, it's the fact that people aren't building their webpages according to W3C standards and the fact that IE renders pages that are improperly built and seemingly fixes creators mistakes. They think that if it looks good on IE, it's the right way to go.

Just because it conforms with the browser that most people use (beucase they don't know better....most of the time) doesn't necessarily mean it's right.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie KorganoS may be famous one day KorganoS may be famous one day KorganoS's Avatar
    Thanks

yup, some browsers shows anomalies when accessing custom-built PHP sites... some are not...
    spywares and harmful plug-ins can be avoided using firewalls and anti-spyware programs...
    but to expect user meddle with the registry and user policy stuff is, well... soo MS typical...
    I use three browsers... but most of the time I use FF,...

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    fire fox is definitly better in my opinion.... but that's just my opinion

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    and the spew about being able to make IE safe and fool proof, you're probably right, you probably could cover all the holes that MS made in windows and in IE with all your tinkering and constant spyware scans but....whats the point?

You can either use Firefox which will save you SOME (not all mind you) of that hassle....or use IE and go back to cover all the holes MS made (registry tinkering, security patches, group settings, host file editing, etc, etc).

Anything can be MADE safe...the fact that it doesn't just COME safe is the issue. Why should someone use something that they have to go back and "fix" or "patch up" just to make it up to par? I mean, come on you're already (supposed to be) paying for Windows (and IE), now you gotta go and fix up holes that you PAID for? How that can be made to be an arguement to support IE is beyond me.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast