View Poll Results: Which Browser?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good ol' Internet Explorer

5 20.00%
  • Mozilla FireFox (fastest on earth?? o.O )

20 80.00%
  • Opera

1 4.00%
  • Avant Browser

2 8.00%
  • Netscape

0 0%
  • UNIX's PINE ^^ yeah rofl

1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Which browser is the best ??

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    The best browser is the one that makes you happy to use it.

Personally I'm a fan of Firefox. This quote from Patrick Griffith of alistapart.com sums up my feelings:
    The more you use and develop with browsers such as Mozilla the more you realize how pathetic Internet Explorer can be when it comes to web standards.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

a17
    Newbie a17 may be famous one day a17 may be famous one day a17's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teh s uck
    Because they are told by the computer manufacturers and Microsoft that they can. Perhaps if computers weren't sold like cars that you can drive off the lot than security would not be a problem. Than again, would the average person buy a car (or a computer) if they knew that they had to haXX0r the guts of the vehicle to make it safe from thieves, as opposed to just pressing a button on the door (screen)?
    yep, but that is MS for you. Windows and most of its software comes with so many options: some security/some not, but there never configured. Pure lazyness on there part(MS) leaving users vulnrable.

Point of my post was, it can be secure ish if you want it to be. (refering to kamui's comment)
    Last edited by a17; Dec 13, 2004 at 12:00 PM.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Exactly Why would you want to patch something just to get it secure enough to use. Yeah FireFox may not be safe but its safer then IE any day.

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I shall educate you.

The reason Windows XP does not come configured is because in 2000 a law was passed that stated that configuring an operating system without user choice involved is the same as holding a monopoly. So Microsoft could not do anything. They know their OS as they created it and always update it. It is not laziness, its the law that stopped them.

Apple escaped this by creating only 1 group of options which can not be changed unless in different troubleshooting modes for their MAC OS. Linux is considered freeware and therefore that law doesnt apply to them. You only pay for documentation and manuals but not the OS itself when you buy it. The OS is free for download.

That law was created to limit Microsoft and only targets them since the government kept losing against Microsoft. When you see cross platform threads and you get threads and chartsd that say "According to this Photoshop opens up faster and its better on APPLE than PC"

The truth is...

Windows XP is installed and never optimized, and Apples and Linux come optimized since they were able to escape. So the information you see is one OS unoptimized vs an optimized OS and a lot of times the unoptimized OS wins or the optimized OS wins by a little. Optimize XP and it becomes more amazing than anything I have seen so far.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Internet Explorer. The reason internet explorer is a threat has nothing to do with it being bad as you can click 2 options and never get a pop-up w/o using other programs. The reason it is bad is because IE is part ofthe main windows core and you can hit Windows XP's Remote Procedure call through IE and outlook express. The desktop navigator is known as "Explorer.EXE" the Internet navigator is known as Internet Explorer. Microsofts attempt was to create an operating system that was just as versatile online as it is offline. They had windows 2000, then the law passed and in under a year, windows XP was released, when not even 2000 had full driver support. XP is 2000, but uncofnigured, but with a Unix Shell added and a compatability system as well as a new look too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Firefox is better and a favorite browser of mine because it is third party. It is not part of the windows core and wont kill my system from using it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this long post in attempting to prevent this thread from becoming a flamewar thread.

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Setsunayaki
    I shall educate you.

The reason Windows XP does not come configured is because in 2000 a law was passed that stated that configuring an operating system without user choice involved is the same as holding a monopoly.

[much snippage]
    Do you have a citation for that law? I tried finding it in the U.S. Code and could not find it.
    Your ad here.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I prefer Mozilla Firefox. It's just so much better than IE, in my opinion. I've used them both, so I say I have a pretty reasonable view on the two. Firefox is just

|----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

that much better.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3