Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bubblegum Crisis

Newbie Force may be famous one day Force may be famous one day Force's Avatar
    Thanks

Bubblegum Crisis

Hey, can someone please tell me what sort of anime this is and is it good? Has it got fighting and stuff?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bubblegum Crisis

Grumble Grumble Grumble

There are two different Bubblegum Crisis series, and their both classed as action cyberpunk. The premise of the series is the lives of a women vigilante group (dressed in Battlesuits) battling against an evil and corrupt corporation.

The original Bubblegum Crisis series is composed of the following anime series from the late 1980s to early 90s, and is composed of the following series...

Bubblegum Crisis (OVA, unfinished, with only 8 out of 13 planned episodes finished)
    A.D. Police Files (OVA, prequel)
    Bubblegum Crash (OVA, 3 episodes that finishes the original story)

AnimEigo Bubblegum Crisis Webpage... http://animeigo.com/Products/CRISIS.t
    AnimEigo Bubblegum Crash Webpage... http://animeigo.com/Products/CRASH.t
    AnimEigo A.D. Policefiles Webpage... http://animeigo.com/Products/ADP.t

Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 is a TV series remake from the late 1990s, and has the following series

Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 (26 episode TV/OVA series)
    A.D. Police (TV series, prequel)
    Parasite Dolls (OVA Spinoff of A.D. Police)

ADV Films A.D. Police Splash page... http://www.advfilms.com/titles/adpolice/
    ADV Films Parasite Dolls Splash Page... http://www.advfilms.com/titles/parasitedolls/
    ADV Films Online Trailer page... http://www.advfilms.com/FILMStrailers.asp
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    Hey, can someone please tell me what sort of anime this is and is it good? Has it got fighting and stuff?
    *blink, blink* Yeah, you could say that.

It's one of my favorites (both versions). I even own the soundtrack to Bubblegum Crisis. So I would highly recomend it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Cudwieser may be famous one day Cudwieser may be famous one day
    Thanks

Please forgive the hi-jacking! I at least agree with the original (I'm yet to see the re-make). There's a lot of action with enjoyable stories. Shame the original was so short. What I want to know is why the original was o short lived and whether there is an english version of the original series sountrack (Some sweet songs trough out the series)?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Cudwieser
    Please forgive the hi-jacking! I at least agree with the original (I'm yet to see the re-make). There's a lot of action with enjoyable stories. Shame the original was so short. What I want to know is why the original was o short lived and whether there is an english version of the original series sountrack (Some sweet songs trough out the series)?
    The original Bubblegum Crisis was a collaborative effort of three different production studios, which were AIC, Artmic and Youmex, with AIC and Artmic doing the animation, while Youmex did the music production and distribution. When the Japanese real estate market bubble collasped in the late 1980s, (at it's height, the Japanese Imperial Palace grounds was appraised at a greater value then the entire state of Florida!!!), Youmex developed bad cash flow problems and quit, leaving the other two studios hanging. An attempt was made to tie up all the loose ends of the story with Bubblegum Crash, but the funding levels wasn't up to the level of the original OVA, plus they were unable to book one of the original singer/voice actress (Priss) of the original characters...

Bubblegum Crisis also suffered from Trademark/Copyright issues as well. when AIC did the remake in the late 1990s, AIC was able to use the original battle suit designs (which they had the rights too...) but had to create new character designs because the original characters were still tied up in trademark disputes...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I only saw three episodes of the old one and it was okay/good, and they protrayed the boy Maki as a pervert and a human. And the Motorcycle/Robot combo was pretty neat too.

But I would definitely prefer the newer one, not as good but longer and better music. Nice story.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie anothermeanotherperson may be famous one day anothermeanotherperson may be famous one day anothermeanotherperson's Avatar
    Thanks

the one that i saw... i think it was the newer one. i remind me of sailor moon in some way

Newbie Force may be famous one day Force may be famous one day Force's Avatar
    Thanks

Thanks for the info guys, it sounds cool. I might watch it when I finish watching Ghost in the shell. One more thing is it like a really girly anime? I know it has female characters, but yeah...
    Last edited by Force; Jul 12, 2005 at 02:07 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast