Thread: Bush pushes China over freedoms

Just Trying To Live Life War on Terror Champion name one may be famous one day name one may be famous one day name one's Avatar
    Thanks

Bush pushes China over freedoms

Bush tires to push China into freedom.
    KYOTO, Japan (CNN) -- U.S. President George W. Bush is pushing China to grant more freedoms to its people, citing Taiwan as an example of a successful Chinese democracy.
    The full Story click on here http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...ina/index.html

Now Should Bush make China a freedom country or Bush is stupid to help China to be a freedom country
    Last edited by name one; Nov 15, 2005 at 06:57 PM.

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Bush pushes China over freedoms

What part of this are we supposed to be debating?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Since then, Beijing has threatened repeatedly to use force against the self-governed island that China claims as its own.
    HA! "claims" nice choice of word American media

but seriously, before all the anti-China people jump on my ass, I'll say this...Taiwan is democratic on the surface but very corrupted and openly corrupted I might add...if anyone follows World News, the last presidential eleciton the incumbent was shot during an "attempt assassination." But many people speculate that it's an insider's doing as it was staged.

And moving on to China being not freedom enough, i'll say everything takes times especially a country with such a big population.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

He's stupid, they're basically a capitalist country with a communist flavor... so by America's standards, it's already a freedom country...

besides, rebellion doesn't really work in China... even if it's backed by other countries, China has a firm, almost admirable, hold on its people...

all efforts, in my opinion, would be futile...

cuz it's China...

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

He's stupid, they're basically a capitalist country with a communist flavor... so by America's standards, it's already a freedom country...
    Capitolism does not nessissarily mean freedom. They are not one in the same. Yes, China has limited capitolism but the citizens do not enjoy the same standard freedoms that we enjoy in truly free countires. Dissent against the government is punished. Even speaking 'freely' in a internet blog is grounds for a prison sentance. ALL infornmation is filtered by the government and China is even forcing Google and Microsoft to remove the terms "democracy" and "freedom" from internet searches by citizens of China. Freedom is not always about 'money', it's about the unalienable rights of citizens from around the world. I beleive what you would be describing would be the diffrence between Communisum and Democracy, not Capitolism.

@name one;

When is it ever 'stupid' to try to help people around the world atain freedom?

Why do we always have to debate rather or not GW Bush is "stupid"? No one went around asking if Clinton was "stupid" for trying to achive middle east peace. No one called him "stupid" for saying the same things about China that Bush is....but all of a sudden we must 'debate' rather or not Bush is "stupid"?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by name one
    Bush tires to push China into freedom. The full Story click on here http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapc...ina/index.html

Now Should Bush make China a freedom country or Bush is stupid to help China to be a freedom country
    Wah Wah Wah. Oh look, it's the temper tantrum corp again.

Point one. Bush cannot make China a free country, only China can do that.
    Point two. Bushs intellegnce is only in doubt by those who do not have it. The man is a Harvard grad. Harvard! D grads from Harvard are the equvilant of A grads from the rest of the world.

By changing an actual, interesting subject into another poorly disguised "please slam on Bush" thread you have removed any originality in this thread.

Exmples of actual dission topics on subject;

Is this simply political retoric or can calling for change by the President of the US actually force any type of change in China?

Is it even possible for China to change?

Would China's government consider moving to a more "civil" society/? Why or why not?

Feel free to make more of your own.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!