Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: is buying a psp worth it

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    So, basically all of the games involving cars are good. And there's that puzzle game. Are there any action/adventure games worth checking out?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw a guy (~25yrs?) playing on one in the airport the other day and started thinking about where the PSP really stands. In terms of handheld gaming units, it brings the power of the PS2, which is commendable (none of the Gameboys did that for years). But I don't think I'd agree that the PSP is that advanced. While music/MP3 listening is an excellent addition, as well as Internet access (modified browsers bug me. See PocketPC apps...), I think Sony went for the market punch rather than blowing the market away. Are the PSP disks really going to catch on? Haven't we all decided that disc media is disposable and greater advances in media storage are more versatile & long lasting?

The PSP is on the fine line of "just gaming unit" and "PDA/portable computer/smart phone". None of the other companies are even close. But I think Sony will bring MUCH better technology in the future, hopefully without the "let's get this out by Christmas" haste.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sukotsu9
    Are the PSP disks really going to catch on? Haven't we all decided that disc media is disposable and greater advances in media storage are more versatile & long lasting?
    I dont get what you mean by that, are you saying as in "Catch on" and you see UMD's on other devices? I wouldn't really care to see them on that, I mean do you see game boy games used on other devices? not really. So that isn't something I would say I ever thought about. But yeah as far as handhelds go you basically said it was advanced (just not straight out) then said its not, kinda contradicting yourself there And you can't really say the gameboys never brought that for years, cause really they still haven't, the DS isn't even on the same scale as its the only thing I can compare it to currently as being its closest competitor. Which really they are both radically different. My point is your point confused me as I can't really see what your trying to say lol
    Last edited by Cybergig1; May 10, 2005 at 06:09 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm...I have a psp. I wouldn't say it's worth it but then again I wouldn't say it's not worth it. See if you can comprehend that.lol

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TakuHonji
    Hmm...I have a psp. I wouldn't say it's worth it but then again I wouldn't say it's not worth it. See if you can comprehend that.lol
    Yeah I can comprehend it, your a smart@$$ yet not quite smart enough to be a wise@$$ too bad

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5