Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -Byakuugan vs. Sharingan -

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks

-Byakuugan vs. Sharingan -

A Naruto query for you fans out there ... which is the better technique or ability or "eyes" if you will. The Byakuugan characteristic of Neji or the Sharingan characteristic of Sasuke (and the others as well). I can't figure out based on the series thus far, but the Byakuugan appears to be a better ability of insight. As far as I can tell however, the Sharingan seems to have far greater potential.

If nothing else, which "eyes" do you prefer?
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Otaku xotix may be famous one day xotix may be famous one day xotix's Avatar
    Thanks
    lol, very interesting question.

however, i can't say one over the other, cause both have advantages over the next. Byakuugan is able to see the flow of chakra while the Sharingan is able to see an opponents moves with far greater insight. thats just an example.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Unless the Sharingan can mimic the Byakuugan in that the copy technique can copy the ability, then the Byakuugan is the better of the two, in order for the Sharingan to fully work, you must be able to copy the technique using Charkra, if Byakuugan user can stop your chakra from flowing, then you cannot use the copied technique.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie jaiden may be famous one day jaiden may be famous one day jaiden's Avatar
    Thanks
    Byakuugan is the better technique if you ask me, but teh sharingan look cooler.
    yeah i cant really say any more on that...

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would rather have a sharingan than the other one...cuz i would rather copy someone else's things than to rather have the insight of your enemy

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ah... Byakugan does much more than just letting you see opponents chakra points. It also increases your eyesight, in a variety of ways, THAT YOU CHOOSE. The best part is a 360 degree view.
    The Sharingan has good points, as well. I mean, you can copy your opponents attacks! How freakin' cool is that? Ironically, the Byakugan has a MUCH greater potential, because it's basically long X-ray vision.
    The Byakugan is my favorite, by far. It would also (probably) win against the Sharingan, but this depends wholly on who's using what. Byakugan can't do anything against someone with crazy speed .
    (BTW, even though Byakugan is my favorite, I tried to point out plusses of both. Go me, and if you can think of anything else, I'll try coming back to this thread, and I might even change my opinion . You know you want that to happen )
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightofNi
    Unless the Sharingan can mimic the Byakuugan in that the copy technique can copy the ability, then the Byakuugan is the better of the two, in order for the Sharingan to fully work, you must be able to copy the technique using Charkra, if Byakuugan user can stop your chakra from flowing, then you cannot use the copied technique.

Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Ah... Byakugan does much more than just letting you see opponents chakra points. It also increases your eyesight, in a variety of ways, THAT YOU CHOOSE. The best part is a 360 degree view.
    The Sharingan has good points, as well. I mean, you can copy your opponents attacks! How freakin' cool is that? Ironically, the Byakugan has a MUCH greater potential, because it's basically long X-ray vision.
    The Byakugan is my favorite, by far. It would also (probably) win against the Sharingan, but this depends wholly on who's using what. Byakugan can't do anything against someone with crazy speed .
    (BTW, even though Byakugan is my favorite, I tried to point out plusses of both. Go me, and if you can think of anything else, I'll try coming back to this thread, and I might even change my opinion . You know you want that to happen )
    Hey, I really like these ideas. Points well taken. I was under the impression that the Sharingan was the evolution of the Byakuugan, and therefore the former is the more efficient "eye," however, the Byakuugan at full potential appears to be absolutely devastating. Although, Sasuke's brother seems to have an incredible command over the Sharingan. At their full potential, I'd say that the Sharingan gets the edge, in spite of my love for Neji & crew.

I think of it like this, the head of the main family against Sasuke's brother, Itachi... probably the most advanced users of the eyes. I may have to give the edge to Itachi.
    Last edited by Hardedge; Jan 26, 2005 at 03:50 PM.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Newbie jjen may be famous one day jjen may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Byakuugan is obviously better. The "white eye" technique has a blind spot, though, but it is better when seeing chakra flow and that works excellent for invisible opponents. The Sharingan can see movements in slow motion but there is an episode where the sharingan couldn't go against naruto's chakra (that moved by itself). Anyway, consider that the Sharingan is a lower branch of the Byakuugan to confirm the Byakuugan superiority.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast