Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Calligraphy=art?

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Calligraphy=art?

I believe that it is art everytime it is created. But it is no longer art when it's either overused as a font, or abused as an advertisement.

Newbie The Dejected Angel may be famous one day The Dejected Angel may be famous one day The Dejected Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Art.
    a.The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
    b.The study of these activities.
    c.The product of these activities; human works of beauty considered as a group.

Calligraphy has no colours, sounds, or movements I guess, but it's beauty can depend on peoples opinion... to me, calligraphy is just writing =/ I mean, you can make it look fancy all you want, but it's still just something written for people to read in my mind.
    I like cheese!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, calligraphy is artwork because its not just regular writing. I've seen someone do calligraphy and i assure u they can't just write it down like normal letters. I've also heard that ancient chinese calligraphy has alot to due with sword practice as well cause it builds u concentration and the movement of ur hands.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaderabbit
    Yes, calligraphy is artwork because its not just regular writing. I've seen someone do calligraphy and i assure u they can't just write it down like normal letters.
    I agree on what you said, totally. I am a not an expert in Calligraphy, but I am still learning. As you said, it is not like writing regularly. It is an art.

I love it sooo much, but it is very hard. That is what makes it extremely interesting.

Otaku *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura*'s Avatar
    Thanks

I have learnt calligraphy at the Temple. I would consider calligraphy as an art.

Newbie Onireaper may be famous one day Onireaper may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yes its a art form i took a class in it in highschool.
    [Edited] Sig siz too large. Max size is 450 width by 110 height.

Newbie kuri may be famous one day kuri may be famous one day kuri's Avatar
    Thanks

yeh calligraphy is really cool art becuz you can have so many sways to do it and your trying to make something look beautful isn't always easy.

Name: Haru
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Thanks

anyone that can write good and cool..yay its art!! **<can't write good to save meh life.
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast