Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone help me out with a minor.. problem?

Newbie BleedingRose may be famous one day BleedingRose may be famous one day BleedingRose's Avatar
    Thanks

Can anyone help me out with a minor.. problem?

The other day, my friend gave me a computer and told me I could have it and I was like yay! Then I turned it on and the damn thing is so fulla worms and viruses and crap and I don't know how to get rid of the things that are on it,... does anyone know how to help me out here??

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Re: Can anyone help me out with a minor.. problem?

lol that sucks, reformat the hard drive, ask around how to do that since you jsut got it, ou wont lose anything that you put on it
    Last edited by Dreadhawk; Jun 29, 2005 at 02:49 AM.

Newbie BleedingRose may be famous one day BleedingRose may be famous one day BleedingRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I can try that.. I couldn't belive that when he gave it to me the whole thing was full of viruses and stuff.. lol! I'll try that.. thanx

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

Cool Re: Can anyone help me out with a minor.. problem?

yeah, reformatting will get rid of all the viruses and bugs, what sucks is, when i get a virus, my pc goes kaputz, but my brother's pc, we found 709, yes seven hundred and nine, viruses. pisses me off. lol. but i don't get viruses anymore, my pc kicks ass

Newbie Shizuma_15 may be famous one day Shizuma_15 may be famous one day Shizuma_15's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadhawk
    yeah, reformatting will get rid of all the viruses and bugs, what sucks is, when i get a virus, my pc goes kaputz, but my brother's pc, we found 709, yes seven hundred and nine, viruses. pisses me off. lol. but i don't get viruses anymore, my pc kicks ass
    meh i seen worse but yeah reformat just make sure you have a "copy" of windows xp or something so you can install and get that bad boy running again and if ya need some programs for protecting your comp ill be glad to help.

Otaku sp00g may be famous one day sp00g may be famous one day sp00g's Avatar
    Thanks

like the others said
    hard drive reformat sounds like a very good solution

THE KARAKURA LION JET!!! XD

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

And if you have a broadband Internet connection, after you reformat and install, GET ALL THE WINDOWS UPDATE PATCHES!!! (It will take multiple passes to get them all) and install the Microsoft Spyware Removal Beta (http://www.microsoft.com/spyware/) which BLOCKS spyware/malware as well as removing them...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek may be famous one day Zdenek's Avatar
    Thanks

Formatting won't help you if you have a MBR multipartitious virus there. You have to delete the MBR and recreate the partitions. Erase the MBR as described here.
    Last edited by Zdenek; Aug 08, 2005 at 12:30 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast