Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: can games be used to creat a violent person?

Newbie Kowa may be famous one day Kowa may be famous one day Kowa's Avatar
    Thanks

Question can games be used to creat a violent person?

Here is my question. could videogames be used to creat a exstreemly violant person, who would be capable of terminating a mas amount jof peoples lives without a second thought.

And if so, do you think the different millitarys of the world would embrase video games as part of the regular training routine.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    "Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind."
    - Edward D, Morrison

You know the funny thing? People say I kinda look like Tenchi ^_^

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    *looks over at some people here at ao*... maybe o.O
    But i think that killing stuff, is just people's way of releiving stress... It's just that some people forget it's a video gme.. and try it in real life...
    Video game can't produce an angry person, only the person can.
    I don't think the military should use video games as training... That just lazy talk
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    There are two types of video games.

There are the extremely realistic simulators of flight, fps, combat, etc.

Or there is the fun, unrealistic flight, combat, fps etc.

Depending on how mentally set a person is and how addicted to a game that person has become, it can influence them a little. But most people who think about taking a shotgun and shooting it right in their bosses' faces usually don't do it unless they either take the initiative or have mental instabillity(in which case they should not be introduced to violent video games).

Realisitic simulators are there to teach you how to shoot this or fly that in certain locations and situations. The army simulator, where they hook up an M-16 to a 90 inch surrounding screen or VR goggles, can be seen as extremely realistic and as a test to handling weapons and combat movements. Think of it as what VR training is in Metal Gear Solid. The real thing always makes a big difference and can mentally and emotionally harm people, if they weren't ready or can't handle it.

The fun, unrealistic games are meant for people to have fun with, merely play. Some may be addicted to a game and incorporate some things from the game(actions or words) into real life. Grand theft auto is a fun game and also known as a stress reliever. Whether a person thinks its acceptable to do bad things is up to them, not the game itself.

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Otaku Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish may be famous one day Nightwish's Avatar
    Thanks
    i guess it's possible. depends really on what game ur playing. the GTAs could in my opinion. since u can bascially do mindless destruction and reek havoc on helpless civilians. which is fun, but can also drive those tinkering on the brink of insanity to insanity. but to answer ur question, yes i think they can.

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    The person would already have to be violent in the first place, and they'd have to have a difficulty seperating fiction, from reality.

Also the military does use certain videogames for training, but they are especially designed for them, and obviously not sold to the public. However they do alter some of the games that the military uses for us to use.

And as False Truth said they have simulators as well, which are pretty much videogames in a way also.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Really i think it just depends on the person to tell you the truth.... Some people are just more stable than others, thats what it really comes down to in my opinon.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    can games be used to creat a violent person?
    No but they can strengthen the resolve of an already violent and mentally ill person.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    From what I'm getting...The person has to be really unstable inorder to shoot people in real life. Imitating a game. Or any sort of destruction in real life.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast