Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: can games be used to creat a violent person?

Newbie Shougo may be famous one day Shougo may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It would depend on how the person looks at the game.

For me, its just a game, I have fun.
    I am following you, watching your every move..........Exactly like a SHADOW

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Another point would be that the people who claim that games create violent people, don't even play videogames, haha. I mean look at them, it's possible that they've played a little pong, or pac man back in the day, but I doubt they've played something since the great arcade trend in the 80's. I mean it's good to have an outside view on something, but you can't really calim taht something is manipulating people to be violent, it you've never played it.

Perhaps they're just looking at people who are naturally violent and just asuming that the game caused it.

And I'm sure that major toy corporations have a say in this as well. After all if videogames become to popular then their sales could start dropping, which I'm sure they already have. I mean toy companies that make board games and such, obviously not companies that create videogames.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it's not the game that creates the violence, it's the user/player. If the user has something in their maind that influences them to imitate the gameplay in real life, then that person needs help. People that play these games should be mature enough to know that this is just a game, and shouldn't be implied into real life
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    The game itself cannot make someone violent. Many factors will have to play a role in a person's life in order for them to turn violent after playing a game. Either they've had past experiences that have altered their way of life in some way, or they were raised in such a manner teaching them to hate the world in one form. It's all part of the human psychii and how they learn to cope with stuff around them. Sure games these days can be extremely violent, but in the end they are just games, sumlations of a world that doesn't really exist. Players are told to take the role of a character in a world that character lives in. The game does not teach you to act like that game character in real life. It's up to the person, with whatever knowledge he may have to decide whether or not they want to use that game experience in real life.

After playing so many violent games, shooting games or whatnot, I don't think I'm going to go pick up a M4A1 and start shooting random people. Allthough it is a concept that some serial killers might find atractive, it is against the law to shoot people freely, and highly immoral. Whoever thinks that a game would be fun in real life is completely out-of-their-minds.

Games can't render a person violent, unless that person had some violent intent prior to playing that game.

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    No but they can strengthen the resolve of an already violent and mentally ill person.
    Hassun has the point, game don't create violenent person by themself, they must have something to "wake up".

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Newbie Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity may be famous one day Styx_Insanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know, I was born violent. lol.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Games right now don't seem like they could, but what if later techonlogy of video games becomes so great, that some people(even ones not mentally unstable) become violent? I mean Hitler persuaded an entire country using only words and stereotypes, whos to say video games cannot later influence normal people?

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes....games can create a person...for those who have been kept from all kinds of violence in the world...one little game could affect his/her entire life and turn them into one of the most violent people out there...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast