Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can you read and watch? (simplistic way to put the question)

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Can you read and watch? (simplistic way to put the question)

To explain my question, I'll present my personal experience:

I, when I read a manga, have somewhat of a problem watching the anime, even if I really liked it. And vice versa, when I finished watching Chobits, I was wondering wether I should buy the mangas.

I guess i might be because I then already know the story, but it might just be part of it.

What is your status when it comes to this? Do you watch both? Or not? Or maybe?

I am really interested to know.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Can you read and watch? (simplistic way to put the question)

Yeah I have the same thing, I think it's because the storyline in each one will be the same, but there will always be bits that are differant from the other or not even mentioned in the other one. But I still read and watch.

Newbie Riou may be famous one day Riou may be famous one day Riou's Avatar
    Thanks

Typically I like to read the manga and watch the anime. I find it interesting being able to notice some of the differences between the two. For example, the manga for Steel Angel Kurumi has quite a few differences from the anime.

However, whichever I happened across first is usually the one I end up liking more, though there are exceptions. Case in point is one you mentioned. I read the manga for Chobits first, then I watched the anime. I personally liked the manga more, but that is probably because I was exposed to it first. It's hard to say since you can't possibly be exposed to both at the same time.

If you cannot answer someones argument, all is not lost; you can still call them vile names.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I usually have no problem at all if I've seen the anime first, a manga usually delves a lot deeper than it's animated counterpart.
    Going from manga to anime can sometimes be a (small) letdown but even then it doesn't bother me that much.

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

I actually enjoy watching an anime and then reading the manga. It shows me the little (and sometimes quite big) differences between storylines and gives me a better overall view on what actually went on. Take Saber Marionette J for example.....

Newbie Gundam-Freedom may be famous one day Gundam-Freedom may be famous one day Gundam-Freedom's Avatar
    Thanks

As long the text is in English and using the Japanese name I wouldnn't mind manga but I usally enjoy anime a bit more

Fave Animes: 高達wing, 高達seed,高達第08MS小隊,高達ZZ,頭文字D,naruto,bleach,stu dio ghibli,龍珠Z,名偵探柯南,數碼暴龍,天地無用 etc

Newbie gravatation_addicted may be famous one day gravatation_addicted may be famous one day gravatation_addicted's Avatar
    Thanks

i dissagre wit the last post the manga is usally better and buy the manga if you already saw the anime IT IS ALWAYS BETTER... wellthats my oppinion
    I love anime and Manga's there my whole life and I apologize if i ofend

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

I can do both. I mean I never get confused or lost on which manga/anime is which anime/manga.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast