Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: canada:is it always cold up here?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    A polar bear named Sarcasm? I'm impressed.

It's been almost twenty years since I was last in Winnepeg. I imagine things have changed since then?
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    im so glad that there are actually people out there who dont judge canada for the famous steriotypes. some people have not even been here and already think they know what they are talking about when they say we drive dogsleds and live in iglues. if anyone noticed i havnt said eh until now. so thank you guys for understanding. oh and for the record, last summer i practically nuked to death under the canadian sun. toronto is right near new york and i dont think its always winter in new york. so thanks again. but please keep posting what you think of canada.
    Last edited by sanguinary_wonderland; Feb 21, 2005 at 09:44 PM.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Twenty years?? Zui.... um- never mind...

Winnepeg is a glourious city. I think that visiting it has been neato keen. Although I love to roam around the Canadian Rockies (just glourious) Most Canadian cities are nice and like mine. I had fun there!^_^

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    i like your attitude are you of canadian blood? im not nessesarily but i was born here, parents are portuguese, but in my mind im still canadian.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zui Quan
    A polar bear named Sarcasm? I'm impressed.

It's been almost twenty years since I was last in Winnepeg. I imagine things have changed since then?
    Well, Yeah, Its very clean now, but, there are some area's of the city you just stay away from, like the north end (The same can be said for any city). but the Downtown area, and the Forks are pretty good places. Assinaboine Park is very beautiful, it just celebrated its 100th Birthday.

About the only major problems the city has is our Murder rate and our Auto-Insurance rates.

This is a pic of Portage Avenue, just before the Intersection with Main Street.
    Last edited by aceman67; Feb 21, 2005 at 09:57 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    We live in big igloos, I drive a dog sled, and my pet is a polar bear named Bruno. ^_^;
    Very funny

My cousins lived in Alaska for several years and if you changed the igloo to a tent and bruno to a dog named bear you would have just described them. *Let me tell you some time about their trapline. *

Actuallly I know quite a bit because I lived in BC for 16 months. Loved it, was glad to get home. Man do I miss the people though.

Weather conditions? Depends on where you live. When I was on Vancouver island and the coast it was wet, and wet, and.... you get the idea. Now when I was in the interior (Okenagan) during the winter we got excited when it snowed because that meant it had warmed up. (It hit -39C at night.) So yes, the central parts do get really cold in the winter. Most of the people in Canada live within 20 km of the southern border because of that. For them it's just like the northern states. Though you have to love those Chinooks.

What I think of Canada? Beautiful country, beautiful people, didn't care for the taxes.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie staticbob may be famous one day staticbob may be famous one day staticbob's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well I don't like most (no offence intended, they just tend to be in crappier moods) of the canadian truck drivers I have to deal with, but there is one thing I have to agree on. I do for the love of mercy, wish we'd drop this entire inches n' miles thing as go with the metric system, it makes sooooo much more sence to me. Hmmm other then that...I like your beer, and and the phrase "Take off hoser" is gold. Aside from that I live about 160 miles from the boarder so I figure it can't be that much different from here. I picture alot of dairy farms....I really don't know why.
    I can't imagin mastering the skills invovled here, with out a clearer understanding of whos going to be impressed.
    Calvin and Hobbs

Thanks
    thanks but isnt the word canuks?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast