Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: canada:is it always cold up here?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguinary_wonderland
    thanks but isnt the word canuks?
    No Chinooks, the warm breeze that hits in the winter from off of the pacific coast. I guess you don't get them in Toronto but let me tell you the tempeture change was welcome!

“Those who have not the warm, invigorating Chinook winds of this country, cannot well comprehend what a blessing they are. The icy clutch of winter is lessened, the earth throws off its winding sheet of snow. Humanity ventures forth to inhale the balmy spring like air. Animated nature rejoices.” (1900–Calgary weekly Herald)
    You can get as much as a 30C rise in tempeture though I never experienced more then 15C. I wasn't complaining, any rise is welcome in the middle of the winter. It never lasted though.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Melanic may be famous one day Melanic may be famous one day Melanic's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've lived in B.C. a long time now, my whole life... and to be honest I don't think i've ever experienced a "Chinook." Tho I have expereinced freezing gusts of wind that come from no where.

Thanks to the warm air that comes up the coast, the weather here is pretty nice all year round. Good enough to wear shorts all year round, well, for me atleast. Only bad thing is that i'm so use to the colder temperatures that even 25 Celcius (~77 Farenheit) is uncomfortably warm for me.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm guessing you live on the west side of the Rockies then. That or you're just to far north? It's pretty much experienced on the east side.

http://www.mountainnature.com/Climate/Chinook.htm

Gives a complete explaination. My favorite part is the
    General Effects
    On People

Relief from sub–zero temperatures

Highly strung people may begin to shake or fidget

Susceptible people may get headaches or suffer nervous disorders

Psychologically, many people fell “better”
    Tell me about it.....

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I thought that weather was kind of cold but not in the summer, but it snowed all year round.

A few of my mates have relatives in Canada so i get to here about them alot but not about the weather.

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    just curious, do americans learn canadian history, cause i know we learn american history. i learned about the war of 1812. what an amazing year for canada. we may have been a bunch of immigrants from england, scottland and ireland back than but atleast they helped put canada on the map by winning that war. or else we would have not had are country at all.

Newbie link_daniel may be famous one day link_daniel may be famous one day
    Thanks
    where can i download chibits
    whats de name of the song that starts when chi is kidnapped and hideki is looking 4 her

*MOD EDIT*
    This is totally off-topic. Also it is forbidden to request links to download licensed material.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguinary_wonderland
    just curious, do americans learn canadian history, cause i know we learn american history. i learned about the war of 1812. what an amazing year for canada. we may have been a bunch of immigrants from england, scottland and ireland back than but atleast they helped put canada on the map by winning that war. or else we would have not had are country at all.
    I know in Canada they teach that the War of 1812 was won by the British in Canada and in the US the War of 1812 was won by the USA.

The truth is that BOTH sides were both winners and losers. The not-yet Canadians won because they rebutted the US attempts to make Canada part of the USA. The Americans won because they beat back British incursions into US sovereignty. The Treaty of Ghent (1814) which ended the war didn't include the declaration of a winner or a loser, it just ended the war. (Which was wanted by both sides. The infant US wasn't really equipped to fight a war and the British needed to rededicate the resources to fighting the resurgant Napoleon in Europe.)

The War of 1812 is an interesting study in both history and the perception of history. Canadian historians say that the Canadians won the war, American historians say that the Americans won the war, and European historians don't care because the Napoleonic Wars were much more interesting.

The biggest outcome of the War of 1812 is the wording in the treaty of Ghent that which forbade either side from fortifying the Canada/US border and the prohibition ofwarships on the Great Lakes.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    wow i did not know that, thanks i dont like to be the type of snotty canadian that always says we won the war when really the war was ended by a simple treaty. i think canadians and americans alike should realize that no one won that war. but i guess canadians should just embrace the fact that we are not the type to fight wars but help fight wars. we are a peace loving people. other countries make fun of us for that. but at least we were there when the u.s needed us most. in world war one we were sent to the front lines to be killed first, but hey we didnt complain.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast