Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: canada:is it always cold up here?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguinary_wonderland
    wow i did not know that, thanks i dont like to be the type of snotty canadian that always says we won the war when really the war was ended by a simple treaty. i think canadians and americans alike should realize that no one won that war. but i guess canadians should just embrace the fact that we are not the type to fight wars but help fight wars. we are a peace loving people. other countries make fun of us for that. but at least we were there when the u.s needed us most. in world war one we were sent to the front lines to be killed first, but hey we didnt complain.
    Maybe not the government but the vetrans I ran into sure did. Mind you, I'm not sure who they were complaining about. It was kind of a general "we don't get the respect we deserve" complaint. Fact is, they're right. They deserve alot more respect for their contributions. That's why I get torqued every time I hear someone putting down Canada's contributions in any war action. THEY COUNT PEOPLE!!! Get over it.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    They deserve alot more respect for their contributions. That's why I get torqued every time I hear someone putting down Canada's contributions in any war action. THEY COUNT PEOPLE!!! Get over it.
    Coming from Europe I totally agree with this. The Canadians helped alot in WW2, they even liberated the whole of Belgium.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Maybe not the government but the vetrans I ran into sure did. Mind you, I'm not sure who they were complaining about. It was kind of a general "we don't get the respect we deserve" complaint. Fact is, they're right. They deserve alot more respect for their contributions. That's why I get torqued every time I hear someone putting down Canada's contributions in any war action. THEY COUNT PEOPLE!!! Get over it.
    Can't forget the fact that our government does realize that war doesn't solve anything, especially in the case were they are sent in and then the country they're 'helping' is billed daily for the occupation costs.

By the way, the best city in Canada is Halifax, the funest in Montreal and the dirtiest is Toronto (the people are just as dirty as the city).

Har har har! My dogs better than your dog too!

[J]

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    yeah im from toronto, but i couldnt agree more but its nothing to do with my heigene *winks*. just kidding, but hey dont insult my city, grrrrr! im not one to complain, but when bush was thanking everyone who helped him, do you think he helped us, nope. even after some trigger happy idiot bombed like 5 canadians. oh well, my government isnt all that either.

ha! edited myself! no need to close this one either!
    Last edited by sanguinary_wonderland; Feb 22, 2005 at 07:51 PM.

Newbie Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death's Avatar
    Thanks
    its cold there all the time? uh... french peeps... and uh.. other people? i think..
    Death Soul Collector

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    actually we have seasons too. summer, spring, fall, and winter. i imagine you know that us being right above the u.s, we share a lot of their weather patterns. therefore, canada is perfectly capable of being boiling hot in the summer. believe me, thats why we have theme parks like wondrland and (shocker) marine land, yeah you heard me marine land, the place with dolphins, the place where it has to be HOT so the dolphins and whales dont FREEZE to death, there IS a place like that in CANADA, this is no lie ladies and gentlemen. heres another shocker, there is also icecream trucks here, no jokes. oh and lets not forget the native americans that seemed to be pretty comfortable with walking around half naked during the summer up here in good old canada. i dont really feel like saying it again people, we have seasons.
    Last edited by sanguinary_wonderland; Feb 23, 2005 at 06:41 AM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sanguinary_wonderland
    oh and lets not forget the native americans that seemed to be pretty comfortable with walking around half naked during the summer up here in good old canada. i dont really feel like saying it again people, we have seasons.
    No offense but they're not the only ones walking around half naked. I moved back to the states in the summer and I knew I was back the instant I walked into the airport and saw how much more the people were wearing.

Hint: Guys, you're not 'all that'. Put something on.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks
    lol, so wait the people from the states wear a lot more?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast