View Poll Results: Who would you want in office?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberals

4 66.67%
  • Conservatives

0 0%
  • NDP (New Democratic Party)

1 16.67%
  • Other

1 16.67%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canada - Election Day Jan 23rd 2006

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Canada - Election Day Jan 23rd 2006

I know there are a few Canadians on the board, so this effects you guys. Election day is coming up on the 23rd, and because of recent happenings (namely the Liberal Sponsorship Scandel), this election is going to be a heated one between the 3 major parties (Liberal, NDP, and Conservatives).

Last year I went and voted for the Marijuana Party (Yes, Canada has a Marijuana Party, http://www.marijuanaparty.com ), but this year is different, I personally don't belive in the Conservatives policy, and I'm not going to vote for the NDP (Which stands for New Democratic Party) because they used to be called the Communist party back in the 50's. So that leaves me the Libral Party

My question for the community is, would you vote for a party (the Liberal Party) that since 1993, has brought the National debt (Click here to see Canada's debt http://www.ndir.com/SI/education/debt.shtml ) down to its lowest levels in decades, made the Canadian Dollar as strong as its been since the 80's, Dilivered SIX STRAIGHT balenced budgets, but just recently got caught in a sponsorship scandal that cost the tax payers about $550,000? (More Info here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/groupaction/ )

Newbie celestialcharm may be famous one day celestialcharm may be famous one day celestialcharm's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Canada - Election Day Jan 23rd 2006

Ah, the elections. I can't vote yet, but I really don't like the way the campaign is going. I think it was the Conservatives that started the smear campaign. All I know is that it annoys me how they are trying to make themselves look better by making the other candidates look bad. How I see it, maybe I should vote for the other side because I know about all their faults.

But, overall, I'd just vote for the Green Party.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

You also have to remember the last time the PC (Progressive Conservatives, there's an oxymoron for you) were in power, it took 12 years (Basicly the entire time the Liberal party has been in power) to get Canada where it is now.

As it stands, the PC plan has 2 major flaws in it:

1. How they are going to Balence the budget.

2. What they're going to do about Medicare

At the moment, the PC have a projected ablility to get 40% of the seats they are campaining for. They need at least 43% of those seats to get a majority government.

What the green party stands for are all well and good, I'd love to have a cleaner environment for canada, but at the moment, the World political stage, and Canada's economic strenghth are more important for the time being.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jan 16, 2006 at 08:18 PM.

Newbie inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99 may be famous one day inuyasha99's Avatar
    Thanks

last election i would have voted NDP if i could (but cant), but now after how Jack acted earier during the election and right before it im not really interested in him. conservatives...never. so if i could id vote greeen or liberal

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

My school had the chance to invite different party candidates to our school and let students ask questions. Personally i find it very interesting and now know abit more about each party. Except for the conservatives since the guy didn't show up. ok one thing, environmentalist can't run a country - green party. Every questions that was asked like gun violence or immigration policy, all that guy said was that he agrees and that action should be taken but never mention any type of plans for it.

Liberals was definitely had more organize approach to different problems, explaining the plans and action the liberals will take to solve it. What i didn't like was, yea its cool that they are so well organized and know how to tackle each problem but the thing is they only, band-aid prove plans so to speak, and not go into and solve the root cause of each problems.

My impression of the NDPs are a lot better, explains why this specific problem is happening and saying how they will solve it, not band aid prove plan like the Liberals. The candidate has a lot of personal experience with the problems so thats a plus although i did get annoy by her, starting every sentence with "when i was...", BUT because NDPs is so far behind and personally i don't want conservatives to be in power i will vote for the liberals.

Thanks

Well, election day has come, and from checking various news and political experts, the election can go one of three ways:

1. Liberal Minority Government.
    2. Conservitive Minority Government
    3 A Conservitive Majority Government, but only by the skin of their teeth.

Personally, I want the 1st choice. Last time teh PC where in power, my dad didn't get a pay raise in the military for 12 years, and because of that I spent my childhood living just above the poverty line.

IF YOU OF VOTING AGE IN CANADA, VOTE TODAY, POLLS CLOSE AT 8PM IN YOUR AREA. CHOOSE YOUR CANADA.

Otaku raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424 may be famous one day raven2424's Avatar
    Thanks

i think liberials will be voted the most for
    Full Metal Alchemist - Anime news information and lots of fun.
    Anime Gallery - Check out the image gallery for some cool anime pictures.
    Anime Forums - Join my anime forums and help us grow while talking about what you love best anime!

Astonishing Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli may be famous one day Zeffervelli's Avatar
    Thanks

Uhhh..... GO whitefish!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast