Thread: Cardcaptors

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Cardcaptors

Hmmm. Is this the same thing as Cardcaptor Sakura?
    Seduced by Flesh

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The dubbed Series 'Cardcaptors' is probably one of the greatest examples on the 'butchering' of an anime classic during the dubbing process. 'Cardcaptors' uses the animation from 'Cardcaptor Sakura', but heavily edits the story to change the original Kawaii Magical Girl Series to a darker occult anime series. All of Sakura's love interests have been completly removed, the series skipped most of the beginning episodes and started with the introduction of the boy Syaoran Li. They completly replaced the original background music, and as the series progressed, the producers at Nelvana started cutting and pasting scenes from different episodes in order to support their new story line.

The fact the Nelvana ended the production of 'Cardcaptors' prematurly, and that DVD sales of the subtitled original 'Cardcaptor Sakura' were much greater, shows how successful their dubbing effort was...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Why thank you. I was confused if it really was...
    Seduced by Flesh

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    I always thought they both were the same thing, geuss i was wrong

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ach, yes. I hated Cardcaptors. Primarily because I saw what CCS was like before they slaughtered it.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    So horrible... but I guess the producers took "creative liberties" with the series. As much different as it was, i guess they had the right to...but i do like the original better.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Aye..... they butchered a terrific series.
    Actually, I have seen the "end" of the dubbed version... ie: the third season with Eriol and all that was actually dubbed... but since everything concerning Syaoran and Sakura's relationship... plus the whole thing with Touya and Yukito too, was cut out... it made no sense what so ever. If I hadn't read the manga, or managed to get my hands of the second movie, I would still be completly lost.
    To this day despite being a fan of Clamp and of this series, I've only seen the dub and read the manga. Because the subtitled version of CCS isn't even released in Australia yet. Only the dub version. Enough to drive me up the wall.... with insanity.
    I may never be able to watch the original unless I buy bootleg, download or spend a small fortune importing it from overseas. None of which I want to do at all.
    Sigh

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"