Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Cartoons you grew up watching but forgot

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Classic Anime I used to watch as a kid:

1. Astroboy - the original 60's version, but saw it in the 80's
    2. Voltes V - known in other places as Combattler V or Voltus V...the original "giant robot" anime
    3. G-Force - known in the US/Europe as "Battle of the Planets" (saw it in the early 80's)
    4. Starzinger - but I knew it as "Spaceketeers" (saw it in the early 80's)
    5. Starblazers - known here as "Space Cruiser Yamato" (early 80s')
    6. Robotech - Known as "Macross" locally...I believe this anime is the precursor of all the "battlesuit" type of contemporary anime, with their "mechas" and battlearmors. (saw this in the late 90's)

ADDENDA:

Non-anime cartoon oldies that I also watched:

1. Superfriends - the older one, with the two kids and "Wonderdog"
    2. Captain Planet - hahahahahaha
    3. G.I. Joe
    4. Thundersub - Hmmm, can't recall if this was really anime or not
    5. Rainbow Brite - yeah, so? XD

-RODION
    Last edited by Rodion; Dec 27, 2004 at 05:05 AM.
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Setsunayaki
    Cartoons I used to watch.

The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Exosquad, Conan: The Adventurer, Sonic the hedgehog (Saturday morning story) and Animaniacs.
    Hah I use to love Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, I also watched Sailor Moon, Doug, Rugrats and Clarissa Explains it All. Shows mostly on Nick. Its funny to look back in the shows that aired on the 90's they seem so silly now, but most of the kid shows today I see are crap. Ah the good old days.

80% Evil l 5% Insane l 15% Addict l 0% Lack of Guinea Pigs
    lAnime TalklAnime OnlinelOtaku BoardslMini Tokyo

Newbie Winter may be famous one day Winter may be famous one day Winter's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thundercats was something I watched all the time. Oh, and He-Man

Newbie Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot may be famous one day Master Pivot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Old shows that bring back memories...

Star Blazers
    Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
    Thundarr the Barbarian
    Blackstarr
    Voltron
    MASK
    Silverhawks
    Captain N: Game Master
    BraveStarr
    The Real Ghostbusters
    Ghostbusters
    Rambo
    Snorks
    Tranzor Z
    Robocop
    Monchichis
    Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends
    Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers
    The Mighty Orbots
    Visionaries: Knights of the Magical Light
    Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
    Challenge of the Gobots
    Turbo Teen
    Alvin & the Chipmunks (1983-91)
    The Legend of Zelda
    The Littles
    Bionic Six

bloodnkarma, the show you are trying to remember is one where the guys would yell out "Power Extreme" to get different armor and weaponry. It was called "The Centurions".

Seshoumaru, the show you are talking about is "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors".

BTW, a list of most of the old shows can be found here: http://www.80scartoons.net/index.html

Newbie DANTEXTX may be famous one day DANTEXTX may be famous one day DANTEXTX's Avatar
    Thanks
    I used to watch cartoons like
    Speed Racer, Gargoiles, Thundercats, He-Man, Silverhawks, and one that Iam not sure about the name but I remember a robot called Mazinger ring any bells to some body.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DANTEXTX
    I used to watch cartoons like
    Speed Racer, Gargoiles, Thundercats, He-Man, Silverhawks, and one that Iam not sure about the name but I remember a robot called Mazinger ring any bells to some body.
    Mazinger Z Used to air along with Voltes V, Diamos, and Mekanda Robot. Man, now feel old.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    The Pink Panther, Batman, X-men, unforunately Pokemon, Superman, Smurfs, and Isnpector Gadget, haha. But when I was a kid is when the Pink Panther and the Smurfs were on the decline so they went off after a while.

I also used to watch some weird show that had to do with gnomes on Nickelodeon(sp?), but I forget the name. I just remeber that they lived in a tree and that like they had to watch out for all sorts of animals because they'd get eatin.
    Random goodess of joy. The gnome show you were talking about was David The Gnome. Figured I would tell you that. Did anyone enjoy Big Bad Beetle Borgs? Lol.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5