Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cash via certified mail

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks

cash via certified mail

i need help on what "cash via certified mail" is. im trying to buy something on ebay and im a noob at ebaying. so may i get help please?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not exactly a Tech question...

Moving to Plush room...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I wouldn't mess around with direct cash. If you don't want to use paypal(givin your credit card number in the site) you usually have a couple other choices. The ad tells you which payment methods are accepted.

1.) paypal--using your credit card to pay on the web
    2.) moneyorder/cashiers checks-- you go to a bank, or sometimes a grociery store has them for cheaper. You ask for a money order at the information desk. They charge for the service, (small amount) and give you a check-like slip that is worth the amount of money you gave them(minus the fee)
    3.)Personal Check--your personal check. its a good way to go.
    4.)money--Very bad way.. you have no way of proving that you sent him the correct amount. This is also "cash via certified mail" you just send him the cash through the postal service.

REMEMBER-DON'T PAY ANYTHING UNTILL YOU RECIEVE THE PRODUCT!!!

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would recomend you to avoid any ebay seller that ask you for cash, there is plenty of ways to pay for an auction that can offer you some kind of protection against fraud.....

Otaku iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan may be famous one day iazndragoni yan's Avatar
    Thanks
    "REMEMBER-DON'T PAY ANYTHING UNTILL YOU RECIEVE THE PRODUCT!!!"

what if the seller wants the money first?
    to gallcomp....what if there isnt anything else good that i can use since i cant use credit card, personal check, etc.
    because....the thing i want is kinda rare to a collector like me and i really want it but cant find a better way to buy it..... =/

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    like I told you already, use money order

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

May
    Newbie May may be famous one day May may be famous one day May's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree, money order is the safest way if they want cash. NEVER send cash in the mail, heck even the mailman would steal it, you never know. Best yet, you could just open a paypal acct. That's almosts as good as getting cash asap. Plus, usually the sender wants the money before sending u the items, so yea, recommendations, paypal or money order. I wouldnt even send personal check its got your acct number and everything on it.
    Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be.
    It takes twenty years of hard work to become an overnight success.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iazndragoni yan
    what if the seller wants the money first?
    to gallcomp....what if there isnt anything else good that i can use since i cant use credit card, personal check, etc. /
    There is options to your dilema.... A money order will offer you some protection (not 100%, but at least can be tracked), also you can talk with the seller and maybe do a COD.... Cash is the worst option for you or anyone, even if you are that desperate to get your item, you shouldnt just trow away your money and "hope" the seller dont screw you....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast