View Poll Results: Do You Agree On Cloning?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

10 58.82%
  • No

7 41.18%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Cat Clones

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Exclamation Cat Clones

Well I was watching VH1 yesterday and they were showing the Fabulous Top 40 and they showed that there is this company that clones cats...do you think that's right? They are currently trying to clone dogs but haven't achieved it yet so they're still stuck on cats... Should humans play god?
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Cat Clones

The more pressing issue is; why are they cloning cats, when there are thousands that have to be put to sleep because they can't find homes for them? I don't know the whole story; did they really clone a cat; because they did that with the sheep, and it was huge news, and so far I haven't heard anything about cats being cloned. You would think that it would have been on the news. Then again, i don't watch the news, so maybe I missed it. But if it's true, then this is wrong, for the reason I stated above. It's like, why clone humans to make more of them, when we already have too many here to take care of? You're going to tell me that when someone's cat dies, they would rather clone t to replace it, instead of going to down to the shelter and getting an abandoned one for free? Doesn't make sense to me.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

I personaly love cats,I think it sounds wrong....I should go and shoot em Bang

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    The more pressing issue is; why are they cloning cats, when there are thousands that have to be put to sleep because they can't find homes for them? I don't know the whole story; did they really clone a cat; because they did that with the sheep, and it was huge news, and so far I haven't heard anything about cats being cloned. You would think that it would have been on the news. Then again, i don't watch the news, so maybe I missed it. But if it's true, then this is wrong, for the reason I stated above. It's like, why clone humans to make more of them, when we already have too many here to take care of? You're going to tell me that when someone's cat dies, they would rather clone t to replace it, instead of going to down to the shelter and getting an abandoned one for free? Doesn't make sense to me.
    Yea they're cloning cats...why? So when the pet of a rich person dies all they need to do is get some DNA and take it to that lab and they get the clone of their cat four months later. . . I need to find the name of it...I can't remember
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

It makes complete sense to me! ...

In all actuality, this is for the rich people who have nothing better to spend their money on except getting their precious "Li'l Boykins" back. HAHA! I like that. Good name for a cat. Boykins. Not meant as an insult to little Earl, promise.

Now cats may have more than nine lives. The company that funded the first successful cloning of a domestic cat two years ago has gone commercial.
    Anyhow:
    Click here for cat cloning story!
    Partial quote from site:
    An e-mail sent in early February to the company's gene-banking clients offered to clone up to six cats. The cost? U.S. $50,000 each. Clients had less than a month to take advantage of the offer, which ended Friday, February 27.
    Another partial quote from the same site regarding pups:
    The company is also working on duplicating dogs—specifically, a husky mix named Missy, whose owner, Arizona entrepreneur John Sperling, has pumped millions of dollars into the cloning project since it began in 1997. Missy died at age 15 in 2002, but tissue samples of her have been saved for cloning purposes.
    Last edited by Agent Orange 216; Nov 17, 2005 at 07:19 PM.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Thanks

OH the company is called Genetic Savings & Clone, Inc.
    the price is $32,000...
    http://savingsandclone.com/services/cat_cloning.html

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

This is so stupid. Someone would risk the health effects that could occur just to have Lil' Boykins back? And how can the company guarantee that the clones will be healthy? What if they aren't? Then you'll just have to euthanize that one, thus defeating the purpose of getting the clone in the first place. Which, in turn, will result in more animals being killed. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. See, this is why I hate rich people. They come up with stupid shit like this. Is there something against just getting an animal from a shelter? JUST LET IT GO. Death is part of life. And no matter how many Lil' Boykins you clone, each one will die, possibly due to some horrible effect that he got from being cloned in the first place.
    Oh, and Agent--go to hell

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ffgirl23
    This is so stupid. Someone would risk the health effects that could occur just to have Lil' Boykins back? And how can the company guarantee that the clones will be healthy? What if they aren't? Then you'll just have to euthanize that one, thus defeating the purpose of getting the clone in the first place. Which, in turn, will result in more animals being killed. Yeah, that sounds like a plan. See, this is why I hate rich people. They come up with stupid shit like this. Is there something against just getting an animal from a shelter? JUST LET IT GO. Death is part of life. And no matter how many Lil' Boykins you clone, each one will die, possibly due to some horrible effect that he got from being cloned in the first place.
    Oh, and Agent--go to hell
    Yea I agree...I mean with $32,000 you can buy yourself a housefull of cats...people waste their money on stupid shit while there is still poverty around the world and children in africa are begging their parents for something to eat...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast