Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: cd-r burning ~[help!!]

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    could be the software or firmware thats doing that. the physical medium shouldn't have any problem at all. what Burning software are you using?

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Have you tried updating the Firmware of the CD Burner????
    http://support.dell.com/support/down...l=en&s=gen&cs=
    I tried it,but it didn't work...

I've also used "easy cd creator v.5.0" (i know its butt old), but I've also used some trials and other cd burning software that I downloaded off the net. New versions and old ones....

On an error message it says "E80041882: CD error - power calibration area error - [3/73/03]

I tried to find anything about this error messege, but failed misserably... there seems to be no information on it at all.

Also, it doesn't even start the burning of the cd... it just ejects it(stuffy ba***)
    Last edited by youth_anime_fan; Jan 19, 2005 at 04:28 PM.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm Try another program is all I can say.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

A lot of the older CD burning units (32X and slower) do have some compatibility problems with the newer 48X CD-R Media, which can't be overcome due to hardware limitations. The only complete cure for this problem is to swap the drive out for a newer CD burner. New CD burners are relatively cheap, and DVD burners are now becoming affordable...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

A lot of the older CD burning units (32X and slower) do have some compatibility problems with the newer 48X CD-R Media, which can't be overcome due to hardware limitations. The only complete cure for this problem is to swap the drive out for a newer CD burner. New CD burners are relatively cheap, and DVD burners are now becoming affordable...
    I'd say go for the DVD-Burner, instead of wasting some bucks on a cheap CD burner, when no doubt later on you're probably going to get a DVD-Burner. DVD Burners can go for 89$ CAD. And these aren't the cheap ones, it's an excellent 16x DL Multi-DVD Burner from LG.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I've been wanting a dvd burner anyway... It does allow me to store 2.4 gigs of whatever on it... plus dvds..

So I guess my pile of crap is outdated once again... MAN, this happened to my DOS computer too. **remembering the gorrila game where you threw banannas at eachother.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    I remember that one too! i cant find it anywhere any more i want to throw bananas at each other again!

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Thanks
    1-23-05

YAY! I found a bland selection that was affordable. The only ones that were any good were too expencive for my liking. I mean... So much money for the dvd/cd-rw rewriteable drive.

So.... I totally went crackers and bought an 80 gig external hard drive for about 100 dollars. This is the second most expensive thing I've ever bought. The most was a tv for 130 dollars.

So, thanks for your help, maybee I'll buy one in the future, but right now, I don't nessesarally need to burn dvd's. (I only wanted storage anyway)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast