Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: censorship: your opinion

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks

censorship: your opinion

my opinion on censorship may be offensive to some but i really dont agree with it. for example: a character from inuyasha known as jakotsu was changed into a girl because he was a homosexual male. come on, even children old enough to watch inuyasha should know what a homosexual is. that is so prejudice and believe me, inuyasha is not the only one. anyway, please tell me your opinion on censorship.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    We in the US haven't accepted homosexuality yet.. So they edit( censor) like that on tv show that kids watch. The stupid thing is they could sit down and watch "will and grace" and see all they wan't of homosexuality. So why do they have to edit cartoons and anime??? Doesnt make sence?

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    its the same thing here because we just take the shows that have been cencored in the u.s so that makes canada a little prejudice too.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

This looks more and more like a debate topic...

Moving... (Before the flames get too hot!!!)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks
    why thank you LenMiyata.

Newbie nosferateau may be famous one day nosferateau may be famous one day nosferateau's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think censorship is wrong mainly for two reasons. Like with the censoring of the Homosexual character in Inuyasha, it will give kids the impression that being homosexual is wrong and it'll create a bias with in the child.

I also feel that censorship is wrong because it hampers the artistic value of something, and it can also compleatly destroy the artistic valuse of something.

Thanks
    i agree, especially when turning the character into a girl totally destroys their original character.

Mod Edit:

but lets not forget about sailor moon. i miss that show

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't know why America is sensoring such things. "The Simpsons" a popular american cartoon is producing an episode where they "leagalize gay marrige" This has sparked some controversy with the "conservitive christians" so says channel 5 news, but they aren't banning it. To ban one thing and not another just doesn't make a whole lot of sence. If America "says they want to be more open" about such matters, they should do what they say!! A hypocritical aspect in my system is a little annoying, and yes, it is so with all american media that's aimed at the younger public. Hollywood says "we just aern't ready for that kind of thing" ... I say that Hollywood shouldn't make decitions about what the public wants. As for me, I don't care either way. If you don't want to watch a show like that, TURN OFF THE TV!! There is always a simple way to overcome a dislike.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast