Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: censorship: your opinion

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hehe, so i've got this shirt i like to wear. It has on it an exploding lightbulb and the words:

Censorship... The Assassination of an Idea

I stand by this saying, because you know as soon as the government is allowed to tell us we're not allowed to say something... gah! what's next?! Freedom of speech is... well actually pretty much the whole constitution and bill or rights is pretty... well, right on. Only problem is the "legal interpretations" of these ideas.

Heaven forbid a book might make us question our beliefs in any way. I mean, geeze, it's OK to question yourself. You just come out stronger afterwards, or if you change your belief then you change it, no biggie. If people are afraid that another idea is more compelling than their own, they need to reevaluate what they believe and why they believe it.
    Last edited by BlueTigerFour; Feb 23, 2005 at 09:54 PM.

Newbie sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland may be famous one day sanguinary_wonderland's Avatar
    i'm a girl, I live in toronto ontario canada and no its not always cold up here.
    Thanks
    that is very wwll said. we need more people like you in our world.

Newbie Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc may be famous one day Linksc24gc's Avatar
    Thanks
    I find that censorship is sorta wierd....i mean...people are gonna see it sooner or later...but then again...i guess its ok with kids..i mean kids got the most creative minds of alll the age differences...so then...think about it...kids with creativity watching uncensored things...what do u think they would think? Haha.....but for people that are teens...i dont see any problem with censorship...i mean..hey..it just messes up the mood of things....but thats just my opinion

I would have to agree with you. Thats pretty much how I feel.

Newbie emilymousy may be famous one day emilymousy may be famous one day emilymousy's Avatar
    Thanks
    As time goes on it seems that we're becoming more and more tolerant of ideas that are different from what we consider normal. Looking at my school, my neighbor hood, and the areas where some of my out of state friends live I think the tolerance among the younger generation is much greater. Personally I think that we should introduce these sorts of things to children while they're younger so they can learn this tolerance as well and have an educated view on things instead of how the media and public view them to be.
    And while I can see why stations would rather change a single character then loose their viewers it's still a travesty that we would be so selfish and greedy as to deny not only the very soul of the piece itself (how the original creator meant it to be seen), but deny something that should be as natural to us as the idea of eating or sleeping.

Newbie On Angel Wings may be famous one day On Angel Wings may be famous one day On Angel Wings's Avatar
    Thanks
    Agrees with BlueTiger, but for the fun of it I want a small rant of my own. ^^

Censor - in a moral sense - the one you see labled on TV and entertainment in general. Well it's in it self a bit meningless, it defeats it own purpose to "shield" children from things that majority might seem moraly "diffrent" or disturbing, having the censor to keep them on moral track. To complety shield ones child (as an example) from these thing is just a good way to save up for a nice pound to the head when they meet the world as adults.
    To not confront, to deal with, and reflect over these things with a child are plain wrong.
    Want to screw up your kid? Shield him/her from reality.

And as for political consorship - People who deal with politics have an agenda - the first point on the agenda is to have YOU on their side. So to keep the other ones from reaching your mind they just shut them out by censor in many forms... this princip works in most cases...
    Fixed the crappy quality of the avatar, now look and enjoy!

Newbie JaNayo450 may be famous one day JaNayo450 may be famous one day JaNayo450's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking

censorship is wrong, but editorial decision is nothig but a political word for
    dont want a fine or a lawsuit. the problem is the fines, normally caused by
    people who have nothing better to do, they nomaly have the genaric
    word in the title like TV, parents, council: (mix and match)

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't think there should be any censorship. Why keep people from what they already know, or will learn in the future. Its just a stupid way of controling society. (damn the goverment!)

What I'm watching Right Now:

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    I couldn't agree wholeheartedly that we should do away with censors. I would never censor the superbowl, but I would censor anything that would induce hate against other citizens in the country.

For example, unjust portrayals or bashing of religious groups, lifestyles and political groups. But would I show Farenheit 911 on TV? sure it's just like watching Howard Stern or FOX news channel. would I show a TV movie glorifying Hitler? Certainly not.

The problem with the FCC is that they put their censors in favor of very prude "family values." Sure, show people getting shot left and right on endless police dramas, but show a little skin....NO! How violence is more acceptable than intimacy, I'll never understand.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast