Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: censorship: your opinion

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks

why censor

Personally i hate it. To think that in the 80's a rated PG movie could have as many swearwords in it as a rated R. They need to change the rules. It's not like we dont know it's out there.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Censorship is for the busy parent who can't watch their kids every move, it's a parental benefit not child. Teens look at it as bull shit, but from a parent's point of view it's probaly much different. I wouldn't my child to become perverted, sucicidal, or murderous just because of something he/she shall on television. Or to be tramatized from seeing something. Now you might agrue T.V. could teach them these things are wrong, but wouldn't it be better for them if they were told that from their own parents, not just a bunch of hacks on the screen? Remember, T.V. has no soul anymore, and will sink to extreme levels of low to get money off it.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JaNayo450
    censorship is wrong, but editorial decision is nothig but a political word for dont want a fine or a lawsuit.
    It's also synonimus with "we want to sell this to our target market" or "we want to make money". In a free market society the customer decides what the final product will be by buying or not buying what they like or don't like. Businesses are trying to make money. To ignore the customers wants is suicidal.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Very true, but it is saddening how low they will stoop to get the customer what they want. More so on T.V. than just the market.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    but the consumer really doesn't know what's good for them. they only think they do. why do you think people try to sue food companies for making them overweight? why are people today more in debt then their parents/granparents ever were? because they really can't control themselves.

with the Tivo people have been watching TV less and advertisers are losing more money. No matter what, advertisers are sneaky and will find a way to send a message to consume, how ever subliminal. I gaurantee that product placement ala Austin powers style will be bigger, and more annoying in the years to follow. and then what? have a pepsi, it's refreshing.....

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks
    People sue for stupid reasons, because they are money hungry, need to blame someone for their mistakes, or just a complete a-hole. Their will always be someone to screw it up for everyone, we need to find them and take them out ourselves! lol

What I'm watching Right Now:

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    Very true, but it is saddening how low they will stoop to get the customer what they want. More so on T.V. than just the market.
    It's not stooping if that's the job, ie. making money. You can claim artistic liscence all you want and I cry bull. The most successeful artists I know all base their art on "will it sell" and "what does the customer want". If they paint or sculpt for themselves they keep it to themselves. Anything on the market is there for one reason and one reason only and that is to make money.

It has always been that way in art and music and anything considered "the arts". It has only been since the government has gotten into the bussiness of subsidizing artist that we have started getting "art" that is universaly despized. Every artistic movement before that was based on there being someone who agreed with the artists concept/style and would purchase their work. In art appreciation class the teacher always asks you to define art. If the teacher is themselves an artist the correct answer is alway "will someone buy it". If you make it and someone will buy it, it's art. If they won't buy it, you change/redo it. That's how any business based on market sales works.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    very true arrianna. mtv is really marketing tv, where art and marketing draw a fine line. they get some really good graphic artists/producers and pay them next to nothing because they can (i know from people who actually worked there) and mtv moves on to the next candy. while there is absolutely nothing wrong with getting paid to be an artist, at the same time if you put money before concept, you will lose your own voice in the process. it's still about your own expression, not just what will sell. people get bored quickly. like i said before the consumer only thinks they know what they want, and same applies to advertising agencies.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast