Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Thread: censorship: your opinion

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Censorship should only be used when preventing prejudice material. And by prejudice material I mean like the KKK or any such "hate" orientated organization shouldn't have their own television show or something.
    I have no problem however having prejudice material in jokes, or gags on some comedy shows.

And if you're wondering why it's okay in jokes and such, it's because none of the things said are really meant. I mean even if they do offend a couple people it's not like it's really trying to create hatred to a certain group of people. I mean if someone is really offended by a certain show, then just don't watch it, nobody is forcing you too. Don't take away from other people's entertainment because you're not mature enough to handle a few jokes about your own particular race or whatever group it maybe. I mean as soon as they stop making jokes about the persons group that is complaining and start making fun of another group of people they suddenly have no problem with the jokes, so I mean who cares, just sit back and learn to laugh at yourself.

But anyway yeah censorship shouldn't be practiced other than in extreme cases.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Newbie camathalion may be famous one day camathalion may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i dont like censorship, everytime they show that, i wanna watch the orginal version. we know wat homosexual is, we understands it, we arent 5 year olds, its just unfair.

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    And if you're wondering why it's okay in jokes and such, it's because none of the things said are really meant. I mean even if they do offend a couple people it's not like it's really trying to create hatred to a certain group of people. I mean if someone is really offended by a certain show, then just don't watch it, nobody is forcing you too. Don't take away from other people's entertainment because you're not mature enough to handle a few jokes about your own particular race or whatever group it maybe. I mean as soon as they stop making jokes about the persons group that is complaining and start making fun of another group of people they suddenly have no problem with the jokes, so I mean who cares, just sit back and learn to laugh at yourself.

Haha, yeah i mean why do people take so much offense at jokes like that. I don't even bat an eye when i hear gringo, gwailo, gaijin, anglo, cracker, etc. I'm proud to be a dirty american devil =P

People just need to kick back and relax, letting go of the beleif that the universe revolves around them, because that's really what this is about. They hear a joke and think you're attacking them personally. just let it go, i say

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

To quote the Forum Rules...
    -Do not post on threads that have been inactive for longer than two weeks
    Closing...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6