Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

In a way, the movie can be considered racist. From what I heard, there weren't any African American who were in the movie. Also I had no Asians either. What's up with that?
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

Newbie shonenguy01 may be famous one day shonenguy01 may be famous one day shonenguy01's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The King of Fashion
    In a way, the movie can be considered racist. From what I heard, there weren't any African American who were in the movie. Also I had no Asians either. What's up with that?
    but there weren't there any in the original either

i doubt tim burton is worried about it though.
    Shonen Guy

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

What the hell is so racist about that?

It sucks to live in a society today where if we don't have different cultures in our movies and entertainment it's considered racist.

Keeping you in suspense! The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion may be famous one day The King of Fashion's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by silverskater145
    What the hell is so racist about that?

It sucks to live in a society today where if we don't have different cultures in our movies and entertainment it's considered racist.
    I'm just saying. All I'm doing is pointing out something.
    ~Praise me! Extol me! My beauty is unparalleled!~
    Thanks for the signature, Zackraa It's fashion-tastic

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri79
    They don't look a thing like the original.
    The 'original' oompa-loompas weren't a thing like the book's.

Right, so now every movie that doesn't have a token black or asian character is racist. Brilliant.
    Last edited by Eriadd; Jul 27, 2005 at 09:44 PM.

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

The only way I could think of it being remotely racist (and this is really reaching) is...

*Spoiler*

Willy Wonka going to the jungle and finding the Oompa Loompa's and taking them back and making them work for nothing but cocoa beans. But since they worshipped the bean anyways, they didn't seem to mind. But I guess to some that would seem like slavery. I personally didn't give a crap.

I don't notice or care if a movie has nothing but blacks/whites/asians etc. etc. Just entertain me and I'm good.

Newbie Quincy Archer may be famous one day Quincy Archer may be famous one day Quincy Archer's Avatar
    Thanks

I didn't think it be a remake anyway because the name is different and I don't understand why but I'd probably have to see the movie for that answer.

I wanna thank Raijin at NarutoEx for this sig!!^_^

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought the movie was cool, I enjoyed the new take on the story by Tim Burton, I love Johnny Depp and Tim Burton, I like the odd and the ecentric; although Depps Wonka kinda pulled a creepy voice though, I wasn't really laughing, also I think that this movie stuck to the original book than the one with Wilder. Also, I liked the fact that it explained Wonka's eccentricities. I was entertained, and the movie being racist-bullshit. I can't wait for Corpse Bride

The reason why the name is different is because you cannot use a name of a movie which has been copyrighted, also, you are right it isn't a remake but it is another director's vision of how the book is portrayed on film.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Jul 28, 2005 at 11:44 AM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast