Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cheaters

Newbie Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick may be famous one day Jmccormick's Avatar
    Thanks

Cheaters

People in our age and time are more accustomed to cheating. Whether on test, quizzes, homework, etc. it seems that statistics say that alot of US citizens are cheaters. What this means is, since it's obviously so easy to cheat here in the US, that we are going to have kids that won't know how to read or do math that good after grade school or even high school. I don't know about anyone else but I don't ever want to see any of my younger relatives growing up to be illiterate idiots(unless born that way which can't be helped). What I want to know is why kids are becoming so lazy? Why don't they want to read and become active in assignments? Is it really that hard in school to just give up and cheat your ass off? And why aren't teachers being that aware of what's going on? Do they really expect a classroom of perfect students who do everything right all the time? If this keeps up we will have very few high level sophisticated people in the future. I want to know others' views on this subject.

-xanga(link coming soon)-blogger(link coming soon)-website(link coming soon)-profile(link coming soon)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    actually we were just having this discussion in our communications class on the issue of cheating and we came to this conclusion

there are several factors:

-teachers aren't backed by adminstrators
    -schools with higher scores get more funding
    -the consequences are not strict enough to put fear in children
    -kids are constantly outsmartting their teachers

Newbie therealslimfatguy may be famous one day therealslimfatguy may be famous one day
    somewhere in the south western part of the US
    Thanks
    Well I dont know about you guys, but teachers at my school knew it was going on and even who was doing it and when. but for some reason, they never did anything about it. I think it's a huge problem because it was one of the factors that prevented me from getting any form of scholarship whatsoever. over a third of the people who out ranked me and qualified for a scolarship got there and stayed there only by cheating. It really ticked me off when school admins wouldnt do anything about it.

Newbie KayJayFromAust may be famous one day KayJayFromAust may be famous one day KayJayFromAust's Avatar
    Thanks
    umm i guess that is true in some ways, but havent humans always cheated in one way or another! humans were always engulfed in greed, we always want to take advantage of any situation to gain a upper hand. So, i say that there isn;t really a different between now and the past. just my opinion! hehe

Otaku Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire's Avatar
    Thanks
    There will always be cheating no matter how many restrictions you put on anything it will always be there. It's part of Human nature. I'm not trying to say that as some sort of cop out or anything but I do think that if teachers didnt put so much pressure on things that they would not feel they have to cheat. It depends on the person also, I mean I've never cheated before...ok well... maybe once.

80% Evil l 5% Insane l 15% Addict l 0% Lack of Guinea Pigs
    lAnime TalklAnime OnlinelOtaku BoardslMini Tokyo

Newbie MiSTrGosH may be famous one day MiSTrGosH may be famous one day MiSTrGosH's Avatar
    Thanks
    Alot I think has to do with how kids are raised today. Parents have a tremendous influence on their kids and many have the "do what I say not as I do" attitude. They need to set an example early on.

Also it seems that teachers don't always have the support of the parents. If a child is caught cheating or some other disciplinary action is brought up and the child denies it ... parents get offended even if its true they debate it. So teachers overlook this stuff to avoid a confrontation.

But that's just my observation.

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm cheating such is life hey. It will hit them when they gotto get a job i don't care for cheaters let them suffer been stupid not my problem

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    Interesting topic... I see it this way: if you want to cheat, just go ahead... I'm not stopping you, it's your choice to not learn, gain knowledge and wisdom. What will you achieve with cheating? Eventually nothing. You may get high scores now, but on the longer run you will have not gained or learned anything so you'll get in trouble later on because of it... Cheaters will meet themself sooner or later...

Teachers know off course that there are cheaters... but what can they do about it? Not much really, cheating is like a sport... it's exciting to do and some kids even consider it being cool... And of course lazyness can be a cause too and I also agree with the fact how kids are raised these days...

I have never cheated and never will... you eventually gain nothing with it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast