Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Childfreeness

Newbie tepid_head may be famous one day tepid_head may be famous one day tepid_head's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Childfreeness

being legally a child myself i should be offended in some way,but amazingly im not
    i dont know how to behave when im surrounded by anyone 12 and younger. i
    have little respect for the people in my age group who dwell of trivial things like
    their hair or popularity

maybe someday ill grow up to be like you

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siren
    I don't like how having children is made to be the sole thing you need to do to make you're life meaningful. There are many other things that you can do to feel as if you're accomplished something with your life.
    That's exactly how I feel. I hate when people act like their kids are be all and end all of who they are. In a way its sort of scary, like they can't define who they are without their children. I think these are also the type of people who totally live through their kids and try to make them be who they weren't.

Anyways, I'm sort of on the fence with being childfree. Right now, no, I do not want children at all. I know I won't want one until I'm at least 30. Because I have way too much stuff I need to do like start and finish University and travel before I have kids.

Its weird. I have nothing against getting married right now, because like Caz said, if it doesn't work out then yes you can leave but with a kid you're basically stuck forever. Unless you decide to be a jerk and total neglect you're child. And right now I know I'm too selfish to be able to fully give myself to one person and sacarfice my needs for their's. I would end up resenting it and I would never want to feel that way about something that is part of me.

So I can't say for sure if I'll ever have children, but something tells me I probably won't.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MoonUnit
    That's exactly how I feel. I hate when people act like their kids are be all and end all of who they are. In a way its sort of scary, like they can't define who they are without their children. I think these are also the type of people who totally live through their kids and try to make them be who they weren't.

Anyways, I'm sort of on the fence with being childfree. Right now, no, I do not want children at all. I know I won't want one until I'm at least 30. Because I have way too much stuff I need to do like start and finish University and travel before I have kids.

Its weird. I have nothing against getting married right now, because like Caz said, if it doesn't work out then yes you can leave but with a kid you're basically stuck forever. Unless you decide to be a jerk and total neglect you're child. And right now I know I'm too selfish to be able to fully give myself to one person and sacarfice my needs for their's. I would end up resenting it and I would never want to feel that way about something that is part of me.

So I can't say for sure if I'll ever have children, but something tells me I probably won't.
    Thats true, some do go over board and live their lives thru their kid. Some though are too lazy, selfish, or lack the patence to want kids. I would never date a woman like that, not a quality i want in my mate.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Thats true, some do go over board and live their lives thru their kid. Some though are too lazy, selfish, or lack the patence to want kids. I would never date a woman like that, not a quality i want in my mate.
    That's not fair though. I know that I don't have the patience to have kids, so at least I know that now, instead of when I have them, and I become so stressed out that I do something bad. Some people just know that kids aren't for them. And like a lot of people here have said, that's not the only purpose of life. Some people want to be career people, and they recognize that not only will having kids take away from that, it's also not fair to the kids when you know you wouldn't be able to spend as much time with them as you needed to. A while back, I was thinking about going to police academy, and in my mind, I knew I didn't want kids, because what if something happened to me? That wouldn't be fair to my kids, to work in a line of duty like that, knowing that I might be killed. I know that a lot of people take the chance, but that's the kind of stuff I think about ahead of time. And now I'm going into the medical field, and that's a very demanding line of work; why have kids when I know that I won't have as much time to be with them? It's not laziness or selfishness; it's wanting to do what I want to do with my life, and recognizing that having kids would get in the way of, or at least slow down, the success I want to have in my life. I think that's how most peolpe who want to live childfree think. There's no law that says a woman has to have kids, so it's not fair that we get accused of being selfish or lazy. Besides, there's too many people in the world already; I see it as doing my part to help population control

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, people say it's selfish to not have children, but has it ever been thought of as it's selfish to have children (unless you can totally give them the attention, etc. they need)?

Look at it this way: If it's so important to have kids in this day and age, and someone chooses not to have one because they feel they can't handle one, isn't it more selfless than selfish? I mean, why bring a child you don't want into the world? To know ahead of time (instead of after) that you don't want a child, it prevents more unwanted children. So if we're going to "think of this children" here, think a little harder. The choice to be childfree is definitely valid, and has plenty of good points. If someone doesn't want one, their life isn't going to be any worse off.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Otaku Sparkydizzy may be famous one day Sparkydizzy may be famous one day Sparkydizzy's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah for the most part it is very hard to understand if you want a child or not for me personally I hope I can some day but neverthless I will be a long time before that happens
    Hey if you don't understand what i am saying it just because I'm black.

OUR MOTTO
    to destroy all mankind for the benifits of pandas and Squirells alike.

I will make your brain hurt with not using commas and periods and putting Caps where there shouldn't be hahaha. The sparky strikes again haha

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Siren
    Yeah, people say it's selfish to not have children, but has it ever been thought of as it's selfish to have children (unless you can totally give them the attention, etc. they need)?
    I agree.

If I can throw a little cold water on the conversation? Yes, it is important that if you plan on having children you are prepared to make them you're #1 priority, but unless you're 21 or over that should not even be in the picture. At that time in your life your education is everything. The decisions you make between 18-21 determine who you will likely be for the rest of your life (assuming you haven't already blown it). The education you recieve will often determine just how capable you are financially at handling the inevitable bumps life throws your way. To even engage in behavior that can lead to becoming a parent before you are prepared to deal with it can endanger your (and their) future.

The point is, if you don't think you're prepared to have kids and you're under 21 don't obsess about it. You - are - normal. You have other priorities to deal with. There is plenty of time to make that decision when you're older.

(Ok, older sister lecture mode is off now. lol)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I agree.

If I can throw a little cold water on the conversation? Yes, it is important that if you plan on having children you are prepared to make them you're #1 priority, but unless you're 21 or over that should not even be in the picture. At that time in your life your education is everything. The decisions you make between 18-21 determine who you will likely be for the rest of your life (assuming you haven't already blown it). The education you recieve will often determine just how capable you are financially at handling the inevitable bumps life throws your way. To even engage in behavior that can lead to becoming a parent before you are prepared to deal with it can endanger your (and their) future.

The point is, if you don't think you're prepared to have kids and you're under 21 don't obsess about it. You - are - normal. You have other priorities to deal with. There is plenty of time to make that decision when you're older.

(Ok, older sister lecture mode is off now. lol)
    wow I can't really imagine being under 21 and having a planned pregnancy unless maybe in other countries

but I think it could be equally said with a saying that, "you won't cut your toes off just because it was once bitten by a snake right??" So while I would say it's not selfish at all, I am saying it's a bit weird. Like I would never drive on the bay bridge again from san francisco to oakland just because of the bridge collapse in the earthquake in '89

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast