Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

Thread: Childfreeness

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Childfreeness

I think 21 is even too young to be thinking about pregnancy. I'm 21 right now, I haven't started University yet (yes I ****ed up and yes I'm trying to fix it, I want to get into school for 2006). There's no way in hell I'm having a kid for at LEAST the next 5 years. I don't think people should even consider kids until their 25 or even older. Because 21 is still way young and most 20 somethings think this is the prime time of their lives to have fun, travel, and do their own thing. Plus some people don't even finish Uni til their about 25 anyways.

I just don't see the rush to have children. Live your own life before you give it up for someone elses.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't support abortion or anything but if someone doesn't want children thats their choice, i personally do.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

After reading the latest posts(except moonunit & deaths_raver667) all I'm hearing is career, career, career,.....Me, Me, Me. It's fine to not want kids when your under 25. You have things to do, and are too busy, but to say never is selfish to me. Sometimes in life you have to sacrifice and give some of your self for others. Really if your parents thought that way where would you be now?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Jul 05, 2005 at 11:37 AM.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    After reading the latest posts(except moonunit & deaths_raver667) all I'm hearing is career, career, career,.....Me, Me, Me. It's fine to not want kids when your under 25. You have things to do, and are too busy, but to say never is selfish to me. Sometimes in life you have to sacrifice and give some of your self for others. Really if your parents thought that way where would you be now?
    If my parents thought that way and I wasn't born, it wouldn't really make a difference to the non-existent me, would it? I hate that excuse. If we weren't born, it wouldn't matter anyway, we'd never know.

And we are sacrificing - for the greater good, instead of a personal good, which I think is more important. We're sacrificing the "joy of childbirth" (as they claim) to prevent unwanted children and child neglect.

If you will:

NINE COMMON REASONS GIVEN FOR HAVING CHILDREN:

- Personal experience - to have the experience of being a parent
    - Personal pleasure - the fun and joy of raising children
    - Personal extension - carrying on the genetic heritage or family name
    - Relationship - the close bond which is shared with children
    - Personal status - culture affords some respect just for being a parent
    - Personal competence - gratification from facing the challenge of parenting
    - Personal responsibility - the opportunity to look out for the welfare and education of another
    - Personal power - some find the power they have over children gratifying
    - Moral worth - some feel it is a good and selfless act to put the life of another first, or that it is a moral obligation to have children

THIRTEEN COMMON REASONS GIVEN FOR NOT HAVING CHILDREN:

- Time together - more time each other and for other interests
    - Freedom - more opportunity to pursue other areas of life
    - Other children - can enjoy other children, and can help children who are already here through foster parenting or charity work with children
    - Dual careers - both people may pursue careers full time, a person (woman) does not have to quit, and a child is not raised by day care
    - Financial security - more money to pursue other interests
    - Community welfare - greater opportunity to get involved in community organizations
    - Difficulty - parenthood is a demanding and difficult job which is not always enjoyable
    - Strain on environmental resources - the world is already overpopulated and is unable to support the people who are already here
    - Increase in overpopulation - having children geometrically increases this problem and all of the problems that come with it
    - Choice not mandate - parenthood has to be a choice, not everyone is meant to be a parent
    - Irrevocable decision - once the decision is made it cannot be changed, so people must be sure it is what they want
    - Failure - some people had unhappy or abusive childhoods and fear that they would not be a good parent
    - Danger - the world is a dangerous place and it is not right to bring a child into it

Which one sounds more selfish?

The entire article can be found here: http://www.childfree.net/potpourri_selfish.html

If you navigate around, it also explains the whole childfree mentality.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Which ones sound selfish?

THIRTEEN COMMON REASONS GIVEN FOR NOT HAVING CHILDREN:

A- Time together - more time each other and for other interests
    B- Freedom - more opportunity to pursue other areas of life
    C- Other children - can enjoy other children, and can help children who are already here through foster parenting or charity work with children
    D- Dual careers - both people may pursue careers full time, a person (woman) does not have to quit, and a child is not raised by day care
    E- Financial security - more money to pursue other interests
    F- Community welfare - greater opportunity to get involved in community organizations
    G- Difficulty - parenthood is a demanding and difficult job which is not always enjoyable
    H- Strain on environmental resources - the world is already overpopulated and is unable to support the people who are already here
    I- Increase in overpopulation - having children geometrically increases this problem and all of the problems that come with it
    J- Choice not mandate - parenthood has to be a choice, not everyone is meant to be a parent
    K- Irrevocable decision - once the decision is made it cannot be changed, so people must be sure it is what they want
    L- Failure - some people had unhappy or abusive childhoods and fear that they would not be a good parent
    M- Danger - the world is a dangerous place and it is not right to bring a child into it

A-Yes
    B-Yes
    C-No
    D-Yes
    E-Yes
    F-No
    G-Yes
    H-No
    I-No
    J-No
    K-Yes
    L-No
    M-No
    Well if its for the No answers, then it aint selfish.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

It does sound very reasonable, but then you have to consider where the actual article came from. Yes the reasons to have babies sounds selfish according to the list, but if you look at the 13 reasons to not have kids, it contradicts itself. If a man and a woman desides to pursue their own careers full time, I doubt that they can do number #1 which is time together. Yeah they might have freedom to go on trips, again they might become something like my high school math teacher, going to trips separately by themselves (how is that a couple if you gonna do everything separately).

Another point is, like you said Siren if your parents decide to not give birth to you as a way to help the world, it's not like it matters. Cuz you know why?? someone else is gonna have taken your place. And finally as I have said several post up before you can't just say, "oh let's not do it because I am not confident or if this and that." If we have more people who say stuff like this with their jobs or medicine and inventions, then our world will stop moving.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

I want children. I love children. But I also understand why some people choose not to want kids.
    Seduced by Flesh

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5