Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Songs Removed From Some Schools

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's the bad thing (or good thing) in this country ..it's a free country. Everybody has a Right, which is a good thing..but some people abuse this right and make it into this whole "it's not fair, you're making us do this"..come on.
    No one is going to make your kid sing this songs, no one is forcing christianity into their brains. If you don't want your kid to sing this songs, tell him not to do it, and talk to the teacher so he/she knows you don't want this. If you want to isolate your child from the rest of the class, do so. If you want your child to suffer do it, because we all know kids are mean.
    Instead why don't people explain to their children that there are different religions and christianity is one of them. And what they sing at school are only songs, Christmas songs. come on people.

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    No ones forcing anybody. You dont have to sing these songs at those school if you dont wan't too. The ones who wan't too should have a choice to. Like everyone said there just songs and part of the holliday. Next they will outlaw christmas.
    Do you have a name of the school this took place in and the details of what brought this ban about, and of the ban itself? Or should I just write this off as a "T3H L1BRULS R 3\/1|" thread based on something that hasn't actually happened or misinformation?

Seriously, if I misunderstood, then I need to see what you're talking about first.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    it's a shame that the word liberal has become such a dirty word. the definition has seem to have lost all of it's meaning in the american language. this issue hasn't anything to do with being liberal. seems more of a social dilemma.

i'd like to see this article too. judging from the commentary, this just seems to be another attack on the safety of being politically correct. you say it's just a christmas song, but i think we need to consider the situation on where this ban has taken place. although i do think banning may be a bit harsh, i haven't seen this alleged article to come to a clear conclusion. atheist or not, the religious beliefs of one should be left outside of school. unless of course it's a religous school.
    Last edited by nova; Nov 30, 2004 at 12:41 PM.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    To me it sounds like there are trying to ban Christainity altogether but gradually. It's like the kind of Nazi idea (sorru to bring it up). If you ban christanity then you are really banning Christmas. So America is trying to take a real big control over the people. The thing you will know is that they are trying to turn every one in Aetheists (really soory, not a very good speller!!!). So then you will have holidays to celebrate at all!!!!
    Wells thats me view, I am from the UK.

SaZxXx
    Last edited by Sazzy; Dec 13, 2004 at 10:30 AM.

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have no idea what your talking about if you want to sing religious songs you can its protected under the 1st Amendment so I don’t see what tithe problem is as for teacher yeah they cant force there views on you so that shouldn’t be a problem other then that I think that it depends on the school you go to like here they run the sexual harassment thing like its the end of the world and its mostly because of the bible thumping parents when in fact they know this school is known for it homosexuality and seeing as the district policy is if the school fails to perform well on the TAAKS (Texas Asment of Academic Knowledge and Skills) bla they can have there students move to another school and that the case here so I don’t know why they don’t just move to a school with students with the same morals and values .

Sorry I got off topic but I was related to the topic in a way and I needed a good rant
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teh s uck
    Do you have a name of the school this took place in and the details of what brought this ban about, and of the ban itself? Or should I just write this off as a "T3H L1BRULS R 3\/1|" thread based on something that hasn't actually happened or misinformation?

Seriously, if I misunderstood, then I need to see what you're talking about first.
    My brother saw it on the news and told me about it. I'll ask him where it was and for more details when i see him. Its probably on the news web site?

I found these:

http://atheism.about.com/b/a/045299.htm
    http://www.lc.org/misc/grinch.htm
    http://www.pngusa.net/~mjwrose/right.../christmas.htm
    http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1038565/posts
    http://christdot.org/modules.php?nam...ticle&sid=1963

Gosh these made me mad when i read them, I hate the aclu now!!!!!
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Nov 30, 2004 at 01:37 PM.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    i don't know what article brought up this debate...but here are some similar stories....

THE GRINCH WHO STOLE 'MESSIAH' ....a response below...
    BANNING RELIGION FROM SCHOOLS (the response)

School's band to tune out Santa
    Quote from this article:
    "Rather than try to respond to all the various religions and try to balance them, it's best to stay away from that and simply have a nonreligious tone to them and have more of a seasonal tone," Superintendent Peter P. Horoschak said.
    Wow, so its not being politically correct....it's being lazy!!! The superintendent admitted it....i take his comment as: rather than try and learn about all the various religions, lets just stay away from them.......wonderful. Schools are teaching children to be close-minded and keep a non-religious tone to everything....greeeaaat. [/sarcasm]

I agree that no one should be forced into singing songs or doing anything that offends them....but i really don't see what could be "offending". I don't think these songs teach our children to join a cult, hurt others, etc. If you don't want your children to believe, tell them it's a fairytale a story that people made up, like the Greek Gods that they'll learn about in school anyway (if they don't ban those too)....yes just like the ones you tell your children every night. They don't grow up as adults looking for monsters under their bed or go look for neverland do they?
    I don't know.....try and show me your view point....i just can't see it right now. (honestly, there's no sarcasm here...i'm open to hearing your opinions)

If it freaks you out when your child comes home to ask you who Jesus is, you need to open up a little. No one is out to brainwash you....only you can allow someone to do it TO you. If you don't believe....it is nothing more than a simple tune to you. There are many mainstream songs with religious undertones or sexual undertones....no one is out to censor/ban them (not in a big way anyway).

Why sensor christmas carols? Heck, ban Santa, ban the candles, ban that star on the christmas tree, ban the "holiday season" ....right "holiday" remindes me of "holy" gotta ban that too!!! It's winter break where we celebrate family, spending lots of cash on presents and eating great. Wait...why did we start doing all this this again? Hm....what? religious roots? better not go there.

When I was little I went to school in an area highly populated with Jewish people, I learnt their songs, their traditions, took Jewish holidays off, etc. all because, that was how the school operated, my parents being asian and not Jewish....were in no way offended....and I assure you a healthy percentage of the people in the school were NOT Jewish. (The university in that area also observes Jewish holidays) I still turned out to be a Catholic who learnt to be tolerant and open-minded. I am in no way "scarred for life" to follow Jewish teachings or anything of the sort.

Edited:
    *sorry haha was kinda insinuating that there are no Jewish people of asian upbringing there
    Last edited by angelan; Nov 30, 2004 at 01:55 PM.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow, well said. Im totally impressed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast