Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Christmas Songs Removed From Some Schools

Otaku AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks may be famous one day AnimeFreaks's Avatar
    Thanks
    They say we have the freedom of religion yet congress or government or w/e bans thing that has a certain religion in them (for example muslim, christian,etc) because it might "offend" other religion.

あなた& Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss may be famous one day Ectoruss's Avatar
    Qu├ębec, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar system, ... ! >_<
    Thanks
    for myself, I think that since the 11 september 2001, the USA take care of all the little thing that should couse conflict between all nationality, religion.

But really, sometime they just don't know when to stop.....
    Coming soon.........

Otaku Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't really see anything wrong with it because I could see people's families who are really religious getting offended but to me it just saves more of a headache. I hated singing songs especially when I was younger, and you can always go home and sing if you want too. People have a right to do what they want here, and I think that they probably want to make as less conflict with parents as they can. By banning, this is just throwing away the issue. I dont see it as that big of a deal, cause honestly it doesnt affect me personally.

80% Evil l 5% Insane l 15% Addict l 0% Lack of Guinea Pigs
    lAnime TalklAnime OnlinelOtaku BoardslMini Tokyo

Newbie BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well that's how it goes right? I know I'm not the only one noticing a slippery slope here for America. Christmas carols banned? Whatever. The idiotic logic of some people, the prejudices, the hate towards Christians for being so closed minded because they believe that Christ is the only way into heaven, all of that. WHATEVER. There is no such clause (as Arianna pointed out) separating church and state. This country was made from Christian values, created to give religious freedom (though the early church in America was just like the Catholic church back in England by burning/hanging Quakers), and now they want to take it all back? So what else is new? All of that matters little, it's to be expected. As time goes on, society as we know it will continue to degrade and demoralize. I could go into a school and sing out a white supremacist song at the top of my lungs and i'm excercising my right to speech, or I could chant a buddhist chant and I'm excercising my right to religion, but if I sing a Christmas carol I get in trouble? Blast all these narrow-minded people. So what if someone says something that may "offend" you. That's their opinion, and you are completely entitled to yours. The fact that you can't be open-minded enough to NOT be offended just because somebody does something that you don't agree with, or if beliefs differ shows how ignorant and prejudiced you are. (note: when i use the word "you" I am not saying it to anyone in particular). I'm a Christian, and during the Christmas holiday, I sing Christmas songs. That is my right to religion AND free speech. the schools should not and can not (unless it's a private one) take that from me. =\

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4