Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross

Newbie Taski13 may be famous one day Taski13 may be famous one day Taski13's Avatar
    Thanks

Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross

I was chatn with a few friends of mine, a few that say Chrono Cross is a great game, others say it was lame as hell. My point of few on the subject is when I first heard bout Chrono Cross as a sequal to Chrono Trigger I was totally pumped up! As Chrono Trigger was totally off the wall, but once I got to see Chrono Cross with my own eyes in action, it was nothen at all like Chrono Trigger! To me, Chrono Cross had like 3 parts that related to Chrono Trigger, and they were not even a big part in the game, so to me and many others ive talked with say Chrono Cross was a big let down as a sequal to Chrono Trigger. Anyone else here find my point of veiw right or wrong?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Chrono Cross certainly isn't a bad game but I can undersand your dissapointment if you thought it would be a straight sequel.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taski13
    I was chatn with a few friends of mine, a few that say Chrono Cross is a great game, others say it was lame as hell. My point of few on the subject is when I first heard bout Chrono Cross as a sequal to Chrono Trigger I was totally pumped up! As Chrono Trigger was totally off the wall, but once I got to see Chrono Cross with my own eyes in action, it was nothen at all like Chrono Trigger! To me, Chrono Cross had like 3 parts that related to Chrono Trigger, and they were not even a big part in the game, so to me and many others ive talked with say Chrono Cross was a big let down as a sequal to Chrono Trigger. Anyone else here find my point of veiw right or wrong?
    I love both games and didn't feel let down at all.

As for the conections not being a big part in the game my huband would dissagree with you. He never played Chrono Trigger and when he played Chrono Cross with me he got totally lost. When the big climactic stuff happened and they start explaining to you what's really going on he was just sitting there going huuuhhhh??? While I was sitting there going "oh, I see!" So I would say there's more then just a casual relationship between the two.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Taski13 may be famous one day Taski13 may be famous one day Taski13's Avatar
    Thanks
    I see, well im fully aware of the story play, but what bout the music and gameplay? I don't feel as the music score was as ground breaking as Chrono Trigger and the fighting is nothen like Chrono Trigger either, you can't do double or tripple team attacks with everyone. Also, no time travel, just dimensional travel stuff, im just saying if they had used the same formula with a twist of new stuff it would have been much cooler.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Taski13
    I see, well im fully aware of the story play, but what bout the music and gameplay? I don't feel as the music score was as ground breaking as Chrono Trigger and the fighting is nothen like Chrono Trigger either, you can't do double or tripple team attacks with everyone. Also, no time travel, just dimensional travel stuff, im just saying if they had used the same formula with a twist of new stuff it would have been much cooler.
    It would be difficult for Chrono Cross to be as ground breaking as it's predicessor. Not every game can be. The games were made by SquareSoft (Square-Enix) who make a career out of new-and-improving their games. The point was for it to be different but with the same basics. I feel they succeeded, evidently you don't. *shrugs* Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.

Mind you I love the combat system and irked my husband by wrapping it around my little finger to kick.....

I'm just waiting to see what happens next. There have been rumors of another sequal even before Crono Cross came out. The question is, after doing time travel and dimension travel, what's left?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    I'm just waiting to see what happens next. There have been rumors of another sequal even before Crono Cross came out. The question is, after doing time travel and dimension travel, what's left?
    Hmm...me too...i would think that it would be more time travel actually...maybe something about going into the past and getting rid of the source of evil? LoL....that might actually be a good idea as a matter of fact.

Newbie geishagallows may be famous one day geishagallows may be famous one day
    Thanks

right-e-o

Chrono cross was awesome in my opinion, I didnt play trigger so I wouldnt be able to compare. But from what I got out of it, it seemed to be a fun decent game, plus you get lots of characters to select from (like in my fav games, suikoden, brigadine, saga frontier, etc.)!
    undefinedundefinedI've never been to the moon, but I know no flowers grow there, from the blue star I wished to be on, I am forever bare. For I'm the flower, there is no other...the mirror is the blue...

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    I've played Trigger and Cross, and LOVE those games! I love how many characters in both games you can get, and the story, gameplay and it have everythign and more for an awesome RPG. . . in my opinion, they should make a third. . . after playing Trigger, Chrono Cross is still my favorite. I just love the character designs! Also like Taski 13 said, the two and three team attacks were just a great addition. It's all crack to me, very fun games ^_^
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast