Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yeah, there had been a development project to remake Chrono Trigger for the PS2, but Square-Enix shot it down part way through.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Cross and trigger... love'd them both >_<... and still love them...
    All aspects of both games where funn, so i don't think either was a let down.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone's Avatar
    Thanks
    I loved both games, but you shouldnt be comparing them. Aside from such details like awesome map design, the BEST rpg music, and battle encounters, they were really just two different games, and you shouldn't compare them. I'm prettys ure that's what square was hoping for. Also, you can't compare an rpg like chrono cross which was just awesome, to an rpg like chrono trigger, which was pretty much one of the best games ever to exist. Of course, this is only my opinion, but you really shouldn't compare them. Both are great games, each one of a kind, and I love them.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think both titles are great of course....however Cross let me down a tad.....still good tho!

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hrm, I tried playing Chrono Trigger a while back, and got as far as this machine boss in the Future (I forget what year it's supposed to be). I've been meaning to get back into it, but I can't seem to find the time. >.<

Regarding Chrono Cross, I've never played it. But maybe when I finish Trigger.

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    I own Chrono Cross and I never finished it...I don't like the overall storyline and the way the magic is used in the game with the capsules and all...it gets kinda of annoying...Plus,too many characters...that's the major flaw...Characters that have little or nothing to do with the overall storyline....that bugged me...

Chrono Trigger is a classic for me, I think it's my favorite rpg ever.....Great graphics and music for a SNES game, humor,action and exictement, yup, a great game.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    There IS a big connection between the two games. They're both significant to each other.
    Chrono Cross is kind of a hard story to understand, but there are connections. Like, in Chrono Trigger, Crono and the others wouldn't have been able to kill Lavos in the future if Serge and the others in Chrono Cross didn't kill first the Time Devourer, which could only be defeated by the Chrono Cross that coexisted with Sege himself. You see, if Time Devourer wasn't defeated, Crono would have to battle Time Devourer instead of Lavos in the future, and they would have lost. There are still more to this, actually.
    Chrono Cross by far for me the greatest and most different story that a game can offer. It's story is way different than the others, and I guess that's what appeals to me the most in a story. And it has great music too!
    Oh yeah, I heard from somewhere that the sequel before Chrono Cross was Radical Dreamers, but I'm uncertain.
    The story rocks!
    Last edited by eleonne; Mar 01, 2005 at 08:03 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2