Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Church

TC1
    Newbie TC1 may be famous one day TC1 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: Church

no people who are sabbaths still do go to church on a saturday. they just don't do anything which may be considered as work unless its completely necessary. such as getting food, bathing, reading and stuff like that. many times some people will just stay at church the whole day.

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Stay at church all day?? Wow, they are really devoted
    Kastelic's creation

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks

The old testament has examples of the Sabbath being on the seventh day of the week, keep in mind they never mention the name of any of these days. After Christ's death the apostles observed the Sabbath on the first day of the week as Christ told them that this is the Lords day and to worship and rest on this day as it was the day of Christ's resurrection into heaven.

Now even knowing all this there is still no definate proof of the Sabbath being on Saturday since well they never mention that day, just the Seventh day. Most people who observe the seventh day say that God created the Earth and animals for six days and rested on the seventh. Very true, but do you think God had a Roman calender with him. My point being that days and calenders are an invention of man and should not be used in any ones testimony of the Sabbath day.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

True true. So I guess theres no way to determine for sure, and just go along with what other ppl beliv in
    Kastelic's creation

Newbie sergeant_rose may be famous one day sergeant_rose may be famous one day sergeant_rose's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a catholic. yep, i go to church but rarely.

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

I thought Catholics made Saturday the Sabbath day. My cousins are Catholic and they go to church on Saturday... the rest of us Protestants here go on Sundays.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Christian over here.
    Do I go to church?

No.

Do I feel bad about it?

No.

God said remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy. According to real history, (just like everyone said) the Sabbath Day is on Saturday, not Sunday.
    God never said: Go to Church or I shall smote your ass!

<_< ..... the reason why I don't go to church is because the church my family currently goes to....... well, it's considered one of the best churches in California, held by none other than John MacArthur...

But let's just say... =_= It's not my style.

>_> It BORES me from the Word of God. Sure, he makes really GREAT points on the Bible, but I already know what he's trying to say and I don't care much for the ultimate historical points he makes.

Sure, church wasn't made for you to LEARN new things, it was so you could meditate on God and bring offerings if you so will to. The church was made as a haven for those who believed in God, (though, originally the first church was designed after Roman Forums.... the ORIGINAL church was a small room underground where it was literally a safe haven for those who worshipped God... you know, because everyone was killing them) not for one to just take lightly.

... *sigh* ....

>_> BUT, I myself am a different sort of Christian. There's no denomination for what I believe in God. And I don't think there will ever be. I just don't go to church because... I don't feel like going to that safe haven. I would rather worship and believe in God in EVERYTHING I do... Sure, the church was made so that you ONLY focus on God. But... I believe, that there's so much to do... so much to think about... in the church I go to, they only teach you as if you were sitting in a classroom. I want one where I can truly sit and meditate upon God. The thoughts I question, the ideas that fly in my mind...you know: MORE than what we were always taught through all the centuries of God...

MORE than just discrimination and tolerance of other religions and churches...

BEYOND the selfish ideas of New Age and the amusement of mixed religions!

*sigh* I'll just shut up. I'll probably get stoned to death again by a bunch of people.

Dear Prudence JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt may be famous one day JustLoseIt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    Christian over here.
    Do I go to church?

No.

Do I feel bad about it?

No.

God said remember the Sabbath Day and keep it holy. According to real history, (just like everyone said) the Sabbath Day is on Saturday, not Sunday.
    God never said: Go to Church or I shall smote your ass!

<_< ..... the reason why I don't go to church is because the church my family currently goes to....... well, it's considered one of the best churches in California, held by none other than John MacArthur...

But let's just say... =_= It's not my style.

>_> It BORES me from the Word of God. Sure, he makes really GREAT points on the Bible, but I already know what he's trying to say and I don't care much for the ultimate historical points he makes.

Sure, church wasn't made for you to LEARN new things, it was so you could meditate on God and bring offerings if you so will to. The church was made as a haven for those who believed in God, (though, originally the first church was designed after Roman Forums.... the ORIGINAL church was a small room underground where it was literally a safe haven for those who worshipped God... you know, because everyone was killing them) not for one to just take lightly.

... *sigh* ....

>_> BUT, I myself am a different sort of Christian. There's no denomination for what I believe in God. And I don't think there will ever be. I just don't go to church because... I don't feel like going to that safe haven. I would rather worship and believe in God in EVERYTHING I do... Sure, the church was made so that you ONLY focus on God. But... I believe, that there's so much to do... so much to think about... in the church I go to, they only teach you as if you were sitting in a classroom. I want one where I can truly sit and meditate upon God. The thoughts I question, the ideas that fly in my mind...you know: MORE than what we were always taught through all the centuries of God...

MORE than just discrimination and tolerance of other religions and churches...

BEYOND the selfish ideas of New Age and the amusement of mixed religions!

*sigh* I'll just shut up. I'll probably get stoned to death again by a bunch of people.

Soshi...You NEVER have to shut up.

Your opinion and words are JUST as good as any others.

I for one respect what you said with A LOT of respect.

What you said was awsome. And I back it up.

I'm not saying Churches are bad....But like you said....If you feel closer to God by spending alone time with him and by everything you do....Then thats awsome ... and by all means Go right on your way.

Thanks Pyroo. :]

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast