Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Church

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Church

Religion is thee most complicated and heated topic anyone can discuss I'm surprised nobodies been seriously offended yet.

Let me just add my input on this one. Just so you all know I'm Mormon.

First of all anyone who believes in Christ is a Christian its as simple as that, its in the dictionary.

Also the biggest reason for going to church isn't too save yourself or to find your way to heaven or anything like that, its too guide each and everyone of us though this life and into the next so we'll be better prepared for things to come. Saving yourself is much too selfish of a reason to go, I doubt God would expect that to be your motivation for going. I think he'd much rather have us learn how to help each other and to worship in his name.

Now the definition of religion is what you believe in, your own personal testimony, so you can believe whatever you want to. Its nobodies job to tell you what to believe. I guess what I'm saying is find these things out for yourself. Ask as many questions as you want, doubt what you hear every once in a while and don't just go to church and blindly follow what everyone tells you to believe.

Also for anyone who seriously doubts Gods existence just remember a little quote from Albert Einstien "I believe there is an afterlife since energy cannot cease to exist and energy is within us all".

If its proof you want then the best way to find that is through other peoples personal testimonies. I for one have heard him speak to me more then once and have felt his presence plenty of times. Are germs fake, just because you cant see them that instantly means they don't exist, how bout the wind, I've never seen it, but like God i can feel it and I see its many astonishing effects.
    Last edited by Juice; Jan 20, 2006 at 11:19 PM.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

AO shady bystander Comboling Champion bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez may be famous one day bassdudez's Avatar
    Thanks

Most ppl (namely teenagers) just go to church to socialize with their friends. So i guess they lose the purpose of going to church. And I dont think the ppl in the church I go to are Christian either

Death is the beginning Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count may be famous one day Lighting Count's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blue_rebel

I'm trying to keep from "preaching".
    you can preach this is a church thread afther all.

Do you know the some scripters in the bible are now known as hate crimes cuz of gay rights.

Code Name Wind

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

tomorrow is sunday.. and sunday is a sabbath day.. i need to go to church.. but because i always sleep late.. i always woke up late.. then im lazy to go to church.. and the fact that i need to watch the fight of morales-pacquiao tomorrow...
    but i need you here tonight
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight
    i really really need you here tonight

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bassdudez
    Most ppl (namely teenagers) just go to church to socialize with their friends. So i guess they lose the purpose of going to church. And I dont think the ppl in the church I go to are Christian either
    That's a very relevant point. It applies to A WHOLE LOT of people. I'm not really like that, because my church has two services - one for the youth and one for the adults, but I never join the youth service cuz down there, it's all play. They don't take things seriously. I just sit upstairs with the adults and listen to the preachers' sermons every week. Fellowship's important, but that comes after service. If I didn't have that many friends in church I'd still go anyway.

champion of all champions banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03 may be famous one day banj_rave_03's Avatar
    Thanks

the other reason why i seldom go to church.. because some priest are also a sinner.. no offense.. dude.. did u hear priest saying bad words in front of many people/??
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight

God's Little Girl blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel may be famous one day blue_rebel's Avatar
    Thanks

@__@

Not where I come from. You can always pick a church WITHOUT a priest who blasphemes or uses foul language, you know.

Thanks

id like to go.. but i cant.. coz of my lazy attitude...
    i need you here inside
    i need you here tonight

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast