Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Civil liberties

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    That is a question of a case byb case basis.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm not sure it is.

If you don't have rules/guidelines then how can you even have a standerd to compare with. To consider algorithm's questions...

"like political liberty - what does that mean? does this liberty give us the right to overthrow governments on a whim?"
    No, it means we have the right to be involved in government and politics. Overthrowing governments on a whim is called sedition, treason, and the destruction of law, and it leads to anarchy. Don't underestimate the Liberty to be involved. There are alot of people who live in countries who don't have that right. For them having a political opinion can be a death sentance.

"if we protest, can we place police officers under arrest for political obstruction?"
    No, of course not. The police are officers of the law. The only ones who can arrest them are those higher up or with proper, recognized authority over them. In many countries you can sue however. Another Liberty which is often abused.

"if our political views are different from the whole nation, can we secede without consequence?"
    No. There is no such thing as "without consequence". Everything has consequences. Personal sucession is called revoking your citizenship. Anyone can do it but then you have to leave.

I agree with Kikieru
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikieru
    conclusion: We should fight to protect what rights we have and understand that our parents and grand parents and so forth suffered and sacrifice to give us what we have. but we should draw a line on certain rights, the line should be decided by the people with all relevatant information presented to them. but still I see people take rights for granted and as for freedoms, we have the freedom to do what we want, for example, You can go out with a knife and kill someone, the law cannot prevent that, this is freedom to do so but for each freedom that we use there are conseqences, many people dont understand the full extent of the conseqence, usually they discover it when the go to prison.
    But what about countries that don't have those Liberties. Is it worth dieing for the Liberty of; political involvment, freedom of speech, freedom of religion, assembly, right to arms/self defense, private property, and to move within your own country without restraint (in-country passports)?

What are they worth to you?
    Do you take them for granted and can you even imagine what it would be like not to have them?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    It depends solely on the cause. I am not willingly to die for something I dont believe in. But I see your point. Countless numbers of people have stood up against oppression and tryanny and obtained freedom. But at what poiny does 'national security' overide these gains. When does the state become mor important than the indvidiual?
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2