Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Clamp repeat

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Clamp repeat

Is any one interested in why clamp continuslly uses the same characters in his anime and manga. We have the same Sakura from Tsubasa Chronicles and CardCaptors. We have Julien and Tori from CardCaptors in Tsubasa Chronicles and we have references of CardCaptors in xxxHolics. They show Sakuras original staff. Is any one curious

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Clamp repeat

'Clamp' isn't just one person, and further more they are all female

The reason there are so many of the same people in their manga series is because some of their series are supposed to be either a continuation or intergrate part of another.

Don't ask me which series goes with what though. I lost track yonks ago.

(Maybe if they finished off more of their work)

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

CLAMP likes to have many cross-references within each of their series. xxxHolic and Tsubasa were written to cross over on purpose... just as Chobits has many, many references to Angelic Layer in the series.

Otaku fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006 may be famous one day fangirl006's Avatar
    Thanks

CLAMP is a an all-female manga creating team, but that's not the point. I never realized they cross-referenced with other anime series. I've really only been interested in reading the Chobits mangas. I'll keep an eye on the cross-referencing, though.
    "Who's in the forest strolling? The birds and the bees sing Momeji. The frogs in the pond are calling. Momeji yes it's true..."

Otaku Space Runner Champion HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink may be famous one day HibikiLink's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fangirl006
    CLAMP is a an all-female manga creating team, but that's not the point. I never realized they cross-referenced with other anime series. I've really only been interested in reading the Chobits mangas. I'll keep an eye on the cross-referencing, though.
    Go to google and type in xxxholic then go to images and there is a diagram showing how all people are related

Quote Originally Posted by Sib
    'Clamp' isn't just one person, and further more they are all female

The reason there are so many of the same people in their manga series is because some of their series are supposed to be either a continuation or intergrate part of another.

Don't ask me which series goes with what though. I lost track yonks ago.

(Maybe if they finished off more of their work)
    Did you enjoy any of the series clamp made?

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

One of the rumors floating around the Internet is that both XXXholic and Tsubasa will tie into 'X' and may have something to do with the final conclusion to that series... (And alot of the CLAMP series already have ties to 'X') Plus the CLAMP team have said that 'Cardcaptor Sakura' is their personal favorite series... So for the ultimate cross-over series, why not base it on a version of their favorite characters...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I like to think of Tsubasa especially as being a exploration of Clamp's alternative universes all compined together.
    Like how they mentioned in the series, that the same person may appear in every dimension living completly different lifestyles, but the person's soul or spirit remains the same in every one.

For example - The Sakura in Card Captor Sakura is the same as Sakura in Tsubasa, just in different dimensions. Their heart is the same. Also explains why Yuko has Sakura's wand from CCS in her house.
    Same with how Yukito and Touya is Tsubasa share the same closeness as their selfs in Card Captor Sakura do.

Tsubasa and XXX Holic could be a way of Clamp tidying up loose ends in their previous works, especially X, Gohou Drug, maybe even Kobato (their other current manga)

As for XXX Holic having a link to X's final ending, I can see it happening... allready.
    Since in the Tsubasa anime (and I'm pretty sure it's in the manga too) Arashi and Sorata mention that they owed Yuko a big favour. Plus it's mentioned that Arashi used to be a miko too.
    In the X universe, Sorata is destined to die for Arashi, and Arashi is now on the Dragon of Earth... it's defanitly possible (at least in Clamp land anyway) that Yuko takes them away from their universe and saves them both from their fates.

Althrough I don't think many X fans will be very happy with an ending like that for a manga that's been running for 13 years. I personally would like that to happen, since X has to have at least ONE happy ending for one of it's couples. Overwise I think I'll have an angst overdose.
    The dark (let's behead and kill everyone) Clamp is long gone... and since X is the only dark series of theirs left, I really hope it doesn't get a massively fluffy ending.

Kind of went off on a tangent there didn't I? ^_^
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Jul 20, 2005 at 06:45 AM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

hey the girls just stick with whats popular.... what's wrong with that!!! >_<
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast