Thread: The Cloak & Dagger Thesis

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

The Cloak & Dagger Thesis

Around this time of year i always seem to find myself in my conspiracy mode. Don't ask why, but i was wondering what you chaps out there think about subliminal messages in advertisements, tv, music etc. i for one think that sometimes it's a possibility and sometimes it's merely a coincidence in observation and perception. I've heard alot of reports and opinions on the subject, so i'd like to add some more to my data pile. Heres a little link just for the hell of it

http://www.ciadvertising.org/student...plication.html

So, what do you think?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Sheesh. Y'know, i can appreciate the whole conspiracy theory thing, but sometimes I think it's blown out of porportion. Then the arguement is, "that's exactly what they want you to think", and so it really makes you wonder sometimes. I can't stand it, because it makes you think to much and in the end the only way to figure it out either way is to ask.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Subliminal messages are very real, they show up in advertising all the time, though most people think of the messages like playing a record backwards and having say that you should kill yourself. Thats far-fetched what I am talking about, is using the effect of euporia on a person like those beer commercials that use scantly clad women to sell their product, subliminally the commercial wants your brain to make connections to different objects and come to a realization that if I can buy their product then I can get that outcome. This is especially prevalent in men, considering the fact that males tend to associate objects with feelings and emotions. A prouct then becomes a subliminal messenger feeding our brain what we want which tries to make us realize that in order to obtain that feeling we must obtain that prodcut. That type of subliminal messaging is real, the messages about killing yourself are false.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks
    I say it's terrible because even in movies or tv series that I watch there are publicities that are sometimes not even hidden...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have been told that subliminal messages are now illegal in the US because it was being done. In High School I had a class that talked about it. A recording of "Another One Bits the Dust" was played backward and you could clearly hear it say "start to smoke marijuana". Blew our minds. So yes, subliminal messages are real. Are they around us everywhere? Hard to say. Depends on whether the regulations boards are doing their job.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've also heard that it's illegal in the USA, but it being subliminal, can it really be stopped? I don't know about those playing records backwards things, but I know from anatomy, we see everything, we just don't consciously perceive everything. Basically, our subconscious perceives it, but we don't. Ex: Say you're playing a video game or watching... anime... Now someone comes up to you and starts talking to you, but you don't hear a word. Was it because you didn't hear the person? Nope. You heard 'em, it's just your brain filtered it out and didn't register it. Same deal with subliminal stuff, I guess. Your brain sees it and subconsciouly realizes something is wrong or off. But yeah, once again, I've been told that it's illegal in the USA, so I really don't think it's that much of a problem... However, I never heard that it was illegal in Japan... Dun dun dun....
    ~|*BBoy|*|PHoeNiX*|~
    Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword, I can not embrace you.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    i love subliminal messages, have you seen the family guy episode where peter's work is taken over buy the cigarrete people and they show that old advert of theirs. lol. but really (sleep with me) i think that ( sleep with me) it doesn't (sleep with me) always work. you have to do it right.

(sleep with me)

did it work?
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i dont beleive that it actually works, i watched a show once where they performed an experiment where they repeatidly show the same subliminal message through the whole show and shew everyone what it was at the end and i was with aload of freinds and none of us did what it said.

(the message was go and make a cup of tea)