Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CN & Adult Swim to split

Newbie Elves may be famous one day Elves may be famous one day Elves's Avatar
    Thanks

CN & Adult Swim to split

Well, sort of. According to ANN, Turner Broadcasting has announced that Cartoon Network and Adult Swim will be their own officially recognized channel starting on March 28th for rating boosts or something to that effect. As someone in the ANN forums put it, it's like Nickelodian turning into Nick at Night, and Nogin in the mornings. So CN will share it's actual channel number with Adult Swim.
    I just hope that they give anime decent time slots if they do any revisions to the schedule. I am not a fan of all the *cough*dumb*cough* humor shows. My personal opinon.
    Any thoughts? Good idea/bad idea? The link below will take you to more reading on the matter.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6277

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Definately a good idea! Adult Swim is awesome its what got me into anime in the first place. I guess this is the first step towards Adult Swim getting their own channel, (i can hope cant I?)

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Newbie Rage may be famous one day Rage may be famous one day Rage's Avatar
    Thanks
    sounds like an awesome idea to me. And yeah, i defiantly agree about some of the humor shows, i do like Family guy and Futurama, but Super Milk Chan and some of the others are just extremely stupid.

Also heard about Naruto coming on Tonnami or adult swim....this true? 0_o

--Created By: Rage--

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Awesome if u ask me...Adult Swim has most of the good animes on it...not that other ones dont XD...but Adult Swim actually has the ones that are least editted i do believe...and i like anime in its original form

Newbie Elves may be famous one day Elves may be famous one day Elves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage

Also heard about Naruto coming on Tonnami or adult swim....this true? 0_o

Naurto will indeed be coming to Cartoon Network - just not until the fourth quarter (I believe, I'm saying this off of memory) So at the earliest that means late this year. And there's always the possibility of being delayed. I don't think that anything is set in stone yet besides the fact that it will be shown on CN. I think you could find out exacts by doing a search on Animenewsnetwork.com

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

In reality, the splitting off of Adult Swim from the rest of Cartoon Network is only for the purpose of reporting cable TV rating. This is being done so that the late teens - college age viewership ratings of Adult Swim won't be diluted by the grade school programing of CN Afternoons... There will be no change in the programs or viewing time for Adult Swim...

ICv2 News story...
    http://www.icv2.com/articles/home/6516.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    i hate the fact that the commercials in between adult swim used to be geared towards 5 year olds from cartoon network... so annoying when you're watching a good anime to be interrupted by 'neon playdo' and the like.

The end is important in all things.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    hm...so I'm guessing the anime network has some heavy competition. Adult Swim has a head start because they are actually available to most everyone with cable, not certain parts of the netherworld. AS has great programming, it'll be interesting how they will be filling up the other 20 hours they aren't on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast