Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CN & Adult Swim to split

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmmm... I get the AnimeNetwork so I don't watch Adult Swim much anymore except for seeing the cute little Himura Battosai I won't watch Adult Swim.....Obsolete.....
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks

goog or bad

Yes it would be good and no it wouldnt. you have to question what airtime anime would be on. If they have there own channel i dont want to have to wait till 12:00AM to see a decent show. I'm sure everyone feels the same, if they give the people what they and do get some decent anime airtime i will be one happy man if they dont terrible shows like Totally Spies will appear... need i say more!
    Last edited by whitec; Mar 04, 2005 at 08:13 AM.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah I wouldn't even call it competition. I dont even have animenetwork and I still dont watch adult swim. Sorry its just crap, dubbed, edited and at dark thirty when I'd rather be playing my games or out with my girl. Screw that I need it during the day when I'm relaxing

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    Screw that I need it during the day when I'm relaxing
    i hear that. Im more of a night owl myself.....im usually out during the dusk hours and it would be a hell of a lot more helpful if it were on during the day

Otaku TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji may be famous one day TakuHonji's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's nice if Adult Swim gets their own channel. We can watch anime anytime.*AWESOME!!!* At least I know that I'll watch it 24/7.

Ones life is too short to move like a mortal
    Live by the sword
    Die by the sword
    Stay in the shadows

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I don't think it really matters at all. If they changed to another channel, then yea...
    But As Len put it.. they only did it to better view the ratings and stuff.

Also, I don't watch it anyway, mainly because I like to boycott stuff that "alters" or "edits" the anime. It just promotes such deviances.

Newbie angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam's Avatar
    on a distant planet where i am a humble storyteller. in reality, i live in a city. not telling which
    Thanks
    does this mean adult swim is getting closer to letting people watch unedited anime?
    The noble ones of this world
    Are the ones that repent
    of their own sins

Newbie Elves may be famous one day Elves may be famous one day Elves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelstarbeam
    does this mean adult swim is getting closer to letting people watch unedited anime?

In theory, yes. I say in theory because it's mine. In theory when your average viewer sees the cable channel Cartoon Network they don't give it the time of day because they atomatically think "kids stuff." But that id tag will change over to Adult Swim (I'm assuming during their current hours) and then will appear as Adult Swim. Now this is going to catch your normal channel flipper's attention and they'll at least check it out because it won't register to them as "kid's stuff" as well it should not because it isn't. I'm not sure how cable works, me having satelitte and all, but on the dish the channel id is in the upper left corner whenever you flip channels. So you know what you are on.

So Cartoon Network and Adult Swim will share the same channel - they're not actually splitting off into two completly seperate channels. As some of the people who posted didn't apparently read in the original post. *cough* So in theory, Adult Swim by itself will equal more adult oriented programs and parents shouldn't flip out when they walk by and see their 5 year old watching blood splatter on the floor on their tv at 12:30 AM. And if this IS happening - what the heck is that 5 year old doing out of bed!?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast