Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: CN & Adult Swim to split

Otaku Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C may be famous one day Marcel_C's Avatar
    Thanks
    GREAT! I think adult swim should have their own channel too! I like CN its just that adult swim is alot better because of the anime. I don't care if the show times are all screwy I'll record all of them if i can't get the chance to see them.

What I'm watching Right Now:

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't really care because either way these two programs will still be the same right?
    I mean I love both CN and AS. But if AS were to be on a different channel, I would be hella
    pissed. This is neither a good idea or a bad idea.

Newbie Karou may be famous one day Karou may be famous one day Karou's Avatar
    Thanks
    i agree. more anime and less dumb humor show. they should show the humor shows at a different time.

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    as long as they keep showing 'real' anime, i don't care...

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, even if this is a step towards As getting their own channel, that doesn't mean the anime will be unedited. I assume it would be just a reagular cable channel like CN, so they won't be able to show all anime unedited. Unless they do what Comedy Central gets to do, which is show unedited movies and stand-up specials only after 1am on Satudays. But most likely, if AS get their own channel, the only way they could show completely unedited anime is if they become a premium channel like HBO. And that would suck. But that's probalbly a long ways off, and by then, hopefully the Anime Network will be available all throughout the country.

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    the chances of AS actually becoming a premium channel and getting orders as as much of a chance as Anime Network getting coverage on basic cable anytime soon. But I agree that splitting the channel with CN is good way to start.

I like the time AS is on right now and wouldn't ever want them to change that. I don't have that kind of idle time during the afternoon to watch TV, I have dinner plans, etc. Adult swim really does gear to adults because it's showing after most prime time shows and I don't believe they could ever compete with them. Cowboy Bebop was popular because of it's perfect time slot at 10:00pm, when most adults are down winding down for the night after they put their kids to bed. Honestly sometimes the news is so bad and sensationalist, anime, even dubbed (and cowboy bebop was an impressionable dub these licensors need to set their standards by) provided a good story, can be therapy.

I'm just hoping they stick for more anime with mature and/or interesting themes.

Newbie Dark Inuyasha may be famous one day Dark Inuyasha may be famous one day Dark Inuyasha's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree spliting up will good choise and as long they keep giving Inuyasha and Cowboy Bebop I'm ok with it but I do think that they could give Inuyasha at a more earlier time cuz I have school at 7:30am but oh well I guess is called Adult Swim for something.....
    Kenshin: "You can die at any time but living takes true corage. I'm living too that I am, to repent for all the lives I've took"

Newbie JaNayo450 may be famous one day JaNayo450 may be famous one day JaNayo450's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry

i won't be happy till they give [AS] its own chanel, # and everything....that and have it on expanded basic cable, even in this age of the V chip, why do they still bother editing progamming?
    [edtit] oh Cowboy bebop, they've shown it 46 times sence they started [AS],
    yes thats right i've counted dont know why i still watch, eventhought ive got the DVD set!
    Last edited by JaNayo450; Mar 07, 2005 at 10:46 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast