Thread: Codecs?

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

Codecs?

Could someone explain video & audio codecs to record live tv on ?

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Codecs?

More than codecs, it's an issue of hardware. You'll need a video capture card, either PCI (internal) or USB (external). That'll allow you to record video from a number of sources in various formats (Windows media, MPEG2, AVI). For other formats (i.e. Div-X or MPEG4), you might need codecs from those companies' sites.

I just got an ATI TV Wonder Pro card, and though the bundled software is poor, the card works great. However, I wish I'd gotten a $20 special off eBay so I could record FM radio, too. I'm using Roxio's Capture software, and it's getting the job done.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

I was recording before
    then it reset
    not sure what it was set on

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Post what codec you're trying to use and what the symptoms are. I had some OGG codec problems once by it self-resetting to 5.1 sound (I don't have), and the audio was all white noise. But if you're talking x-viD or Div-X problems, I don't know much myself. As it is, I can watch x-viD but can't encode.

Thanks

I records video sometimes
    and sound the other times
    grrrrr
    theres too many codecs to go through them all

i want to know what would work with a Radeon gfx card