Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: coincidence or fate?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah i believe there's fate. WHY? because if you were to use statistics some of these things should not happen...like Derek Fisher hitting a shot with only 0.6 seconds to beat the spurs

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i beleive that everything happens for a reason....even if the reason is abit hard to see at first.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe in fore-ordination not pre-destination. As in there are things we are meant to do but it's up to us to choose whether or not we'll do them.

As for the things that happen to us generally there are consequences and happenstance. Consequences are the result of our own or someone elses actions and happenstance are things that just happen and don't really matter except in terms of how we deal with them. Often it's impossible to tell which of the three (pre-destination, consequence, or happenstance) is happening until it's over, if then.

Generally friends I have had that believed in Fate tended to use it as an excuse for their own poor choices. Since I am a firm believer in personal choice and responsibility this does irk me a little. Blaming your problems on someone or something else seems to me a poor way to excuse poor behavior. It also prevents things from being fixed/fixable. Don't complain to me if you are miserable for doing the same thing that made you miserable last time.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Now that I think a little more about it, finding out if biblical tales are coincidence or not kinda determines whether you believe, On Ripley's once, they claim a young hindi child was born with the exact same marks as one their gods, even it's tail! Scientist reason it's just coincidence, but the child is still worshipped. I just really wonder sometimes.

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TakuHonji
    Well...I do think everything happens for a reason...then again I do believe in fate...but I think people could change there fate...to a certain extent.

well, if I would of said anything, it would have been plagerizing... I think...

so, I agree exactly there ^__^
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think that the "bigger picture" is already destined, but i beleive were able to change and alter things along the way.

Newbie Rei_Ayanami03 may be famous one day Rei_Ayanami03 may be famous one day Rei_Ayanami03's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've always believed that everything happens for a reason and that what happens is meant to be. Life's so short that coincidences happen, but things that change your life are meant to be.
    ::I'm the one for whom nothing is going to change.::

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks

Cool ?

i beleave in fate but i think theres 2 sides to it one that was already plained out for you and the 1 you can change for example you see a box of candy and you see you have the chance to get it now its fate that you get it but you dont have to so if you would have gotten it you would have gotten into troble i think god makes it where we have the option to choose between what there for us and what we make out of whats given

Do to others as you see fit

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast