Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Comic Books

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Comic Books

Have you guys heard about the Phantom man comics.................they are very popular here? I like it very much.

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Have you guys heard about the Phantom man comics.................they are very popular here? I like it very much.
    cant say that i have... but about comics and gaphic novels...are they basically the same? i mean the comics come in chapters if you think about it... and some times you can buy many comics in one set, much like the Ultimate Xmen, Ultimate Spider-man, etc. And could you really say Sin City is a graphic novel? i mean even Miller said it was a comic book series... but then again this is all in my opinion...
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Otaku Pig Blaster Champion anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy may be famous one day anime_fantasy's Avatar
    somewhere in Ontario....um....wait or was it Nunavut
    Thanks

i went to like alot of comic book conventions and anime conventions there both cool
    being a bunny is hard work

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linx88
    cant say that i have... but about comics and gaphic novels...are they basically the same? i mean the comics come in chapters if you think about it... and some times you can buy many comics in one set, much like the Ultimate Xmen, Ultimate Spider-man, etc. And could you really say Sin City is a graphic novel? i mean even Miller said it was a comic book series... but then again this is all in my opinion...
    Not sure what's the difference between graphic novels and comics. It must have something to do with the paper quality and the color. Now, they are more stylistic. Here is a link for you: The Phantom Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Not sure what's the difference between graphic novels and comics. It must have something to do with the paper quality and the color. Now, they are more stylistic. Here is a link for you: The Phantom Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom
    hmm...well i kinda remember...wait...didnt they make a movie? i kinda remember a cartoon as well...but i may be confused
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by linx88
    hmm...well i kinda remember...wait...didnt they make a movie? i kinda remember a cartoon as well...but i may be confused
    I am not sure of a movie, but it was very popular. I guess, there are a lot of chances. I will try to find out, dude.

No need for any confusion.

Newbie Red X may be famous one day Red X may be famous one day Red X's Avatar
    Thanks

My favorite is hands down Batman: Hush arc. It was awesome bringing all of the villains into one arc making Batman question everyone's motives. I mean for crying out loud, BATMAN IS THE SH*T!

Also um, it was the reason why I got into comic books.

Brian Michael Bendis (although he's one cocky SOB) sure makes great comics too.

Newbie Sevothtarte may be famous one day Sevothtarte may be famous one day
    Thanks

I've been wanting to get a hold of some Transmetropolitan. Although I can't suggest it since I haven't read it, the story sounds nice..which would be along the lines of Sci-fi and a Gonzo journalist driving people mad.
    Last edited by Sevothtarte; Nov 28, 2005 at 01:31 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast