Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Comic Character Sketches

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Comic Character Sketches

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch
    Does anyone here have a good web site, or book that they would suggest using to help me out. I would greatly appreciate it. Any help would be awesome.
    Sorry...but, what type of books or websites are you looking for? Books on descriptions of anatomy?

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Any books on drawing (anime, comic, etc.), anatomy, any books or sites any of you believe would help me out in my quest to become a better artist. So if you can think of anything that would help, please do let me know.

This is a project that I want to work so I'm open to any advice that is needed.
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Otaku *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Kedar uses the following sites to improve upon his drawing skills. So, try the following, Stitch:

* http://www.polykarbon.com/
    * http://www.mangatutorials.com/
    * http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial.html

These are the sites that I know of, which Kedar uses very often. I am not sure of any good books. He will be able to give the names of those. Hope this helps.

Oh. Btw, all of your drawing are beautiful. Just practice a lot and you will become an amazing artist one day. Your Comic sounds interesting, too. Good luck with that.
    *^-^* Thank you SasuraiHell *^-^*

Thanks

Thanks Mayura, this'll help out. Now, I'm just looking for tutorials on gothic, contrast art. You know, using indistinct shapes, something along those lines, does anyone know where I might be able to find any good tutorials/guides on gothic art? Again, thanks for all the comments and help, this is really helping me flesh out my comic.

Otaku *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura*'s Avatar
    Thanks

You are more than welcome, Stitch. Hope those websites will allow you to enhance your drawing skills. Sorry, I am not sure of any gothic art tutorial. Someone here might know, hope so.
    *^-^* Thank you SasuraiHell *^-^*

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Mayu-Chan has given you the websites that I use, so I will point out the names of the books that I use. Here you go, Stitch:

1) Constructive Anatomy by George Bridgman. Excellent book, which will help you improve on the fleshingout part. One of the best! Come to think of it, all of the anatomy books that he published are terrific.

2) Cartooning the Head and Figure by Jack Hamm. Another great book for sketching out the details of a character like the head, torso, and the appendages.

3) "How to draw manga" books are really good. They teach you from the basics on how to draw the parts of the head, the rest of the body, clothes, dynamic art, etc. There are also others of the same kind called "How to draw anime" books. All of them are good, but there a lot of volumes.

Hope all of this proves useful to you, Stitch. Like Mayu-Chan, I am not sure of any websites or books regarding gothic art, but I will try my best to see what I can find. And, good luck!!!

Thanks

Thanks for all the resources, I actually picked up the "How to draw Manga" book the other day, so its funny that you recommend that.

Yes, if you can find anything that you think could help me, please by all means, let me know if you find anything. Thank you again for the help.

Newbie djt23 may be famous one day djt23 may be famous one day djt23's Avatar
    Thanks

nice I could use a person like you

what the that sound werid
    i just love anime this one fav Please Teacher

yo i have website *** LINK REMOVED *** Please see Sig Rules

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast