Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coming Back ... Again

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomato
    Ha! If I had keep up with posting I would probably be a senior memeber by now. Though four and a half years would have been a long time to be a forum member.
    Well, you probably noticed that no one here has a record of being here before October 2004...

Newbie Tomato may be famous one day Tomato may be famous one day Tomato's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's probably because this site has been redone, nearly a thousand times XP. The new design is nice though. This place has been here awhile though. I remember talking with people here on my old computer that has been dead for nearly two years.

you probably noticed that no one here has a record of being here before October 2004
    this is not true by the way, if you look at the home page you will see a message about sig size limits posted by sedka on febuary 4th 2004, and there is also a reference to "The old AO (Anime Online)" Even though if you look at his profile it says he joined November 2004 O_o; Mistake? Perhaps not, it's probably just a side effect of redesigning the site.

But perhaps I took your last post the wrong way. Perhaps you didn't mean to suggest that I was falseifying information of when I first joined. Maybe you should clear up what you ment by that last post.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomato
    That's probably because this site has been redone, nearly a thousand times XP. The new design is nice though. This place has been here awhile though. I remember talking with people here on my old computer that has been dead for nearly two years.

this is not true by the way, if you look at the home page you will see a message about sig size limits posted by sedka on febuary 4th 2004, and there is also a reference to "The old AO (Anime Online)" Even though if you look at his profile it says he joined November 2004 O_o; Mistake? Perhaps not, it's probably just a side effect of redesigning the site.

But perhaps I took your last post the wrong way. Perhaps you didn't mean to suggest that I was falseifying information of when I first joined. Maybe you should clear up what you ment by that last post.
    You should read more carefully, the mesage from Sedka was posted Fed 4, 2005, not a glitch those are the true dates....

As you should know we don't erase screen-names even if they don't participate at all after registering, erasing members messed up the database in the past....Let me give you the true history of why you had to re-register....

Arround the end of September 2004, the AO site was taken down by the ISP for suposedly lack of payment (Not true) and at the same time erasing all the information from that forum... Since the back-up system failed also, there was no way to recover the data erased, so Spiderweb decided to start AO from scratch again, meaning all members have to re-register.... At the same time Ewdi and GIG opened AnimeTalk (Now gone for some weird reason) with an old backup Ewdi had that keept the community alive. AO was re-open with this new layout as a new fresh community and had some of the old members come back, and its those members that use that "Old AO" phrase....

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Nonono, I 'm just saying that every account is gone (with AT gone) and every user on this new AO hasn't been here before October 2004 because that's when this AO was created.

Aaah, screw it, read Gallcomp's post instead...

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    EAT CHEETOS...
    welcome back.
    hmm... i think the AO an the EAO bears must of got u a couple times
    Last edited by jaderabbit; Feb 13, 2005 at 12:11 PM.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2