Thread: comments on Japanese cute culture with ref to "Chobits"

ppx
    Newbie ppx may be famous one day ppx may be famous one day
    Thanks

comments on Japanese cute culture with ref to "Chobits"

Hi to all Japanese Anime Lovers,

I am currently doing a write-up on Japanese cute culture with reference to "Chobits". I would like your valuable contributions to above the discussion.

Your efforts are kindly appreciated.Thank you.

Regards,
    PPX

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well like what exactly do you need? Chobits is a cutesy show with some adult humor undertones... that's about it? Any specific questions or something that a general answer could be given to other than the generic "yey chii ish so kawaii-desu" that all the fangirls (who are mostly guys) say.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    Well like what exactly do you need? Chobits is a cutesy show with some adult humor undertones... that's about it? Any specific questions or something that a general answer could be given to other than the generic "yey chii ish so kawaii-desu" that all the fangirls (who are mostly guys) say.
    \

I agree. It's a cute anime with a lil bit of adult humour. Though at times it can be just for adults. And it mostly appeals to the female fanbase but of course there are the males who love the adult humour...
    Seduced by Flesh

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Chobits', a post mid-night shown anime series, may not be the best example of 'KAWAI' anime programs. If your looking for an example of a 'CLAMP' based anime program aimed for the mainstream popular audiance, the Magical Girl genre series 'Cardcaptor Sakura', which is successful enough (at 70 episodes and 2 Theatrical Movie releases) to be shown currently in reruns on the NHK TV network, and would be a far better choice...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

ppx
    Newbie ppx may be famous one day ppx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Thanks to all who have replied,

sorry i should have been more precise..

maybe something like how the image of Chii coincides with the cute culture trend in Japan.

Or perhaps,from your understanding of JApan, the image of Chii or the story of Chobits has anything linked or related to any Japanese culture or trends in Japan?

What are your overviews of Chii?Can u or willing to accept Chii to be part of our future generation?why?

If its not any trouble to you, thanks for paying attention to my post message.

Regards,
    PPX

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks
    Interesting, when I think about it for a minute. You could go a couple of routes here.

1.Cute culture, meaning fashion & appeal. There's certainly a movement in Japan featuring "cute" or young girl attributes. Called "kogal", it's something of a clique like goth, raver, prep, etc. Some online articles have professed that the kogal movement is taken more seriously than a Western society clique: that kogal is not just fashion but a way of life.

2.Cute culture, or tolerance of. The U.S. seems to have lost its childlike innocence and its affection for "cute" things. How is it Japan finds puppies (or robots that act like young girls) appealling but the West is more obsessed with power and destruction? I don't know, but worth writing about.

3.Could a personicon be integrated into Western society as easily as the Japanese setting they were written into? Probably not; there are a lot of trust issues the West has with technology that Japan seems not to have. If you've seen the Animatrix, I could see the US leading the anti-AI movement. While I personally appreciate technology, I think androids that look like young girls (or boys) would slowly corrupt male/female relations and morals. But hey, anything goes in anime.

So ppx, is this a school essay or just personal interest?